Ghosts

Alph

I'm inclined to believe that something of us exists post death but for how long? Both my sister and my brother-in-law saw his dad standing in the bay window of their house shortly after his death. He didn't seem to acknowledge them and just faded away. They are both perfectly rational people and I accept what they saw. A couple of days later they had a phone call from his distressed widow saying that she didn't feel she could deal with everything that follows a funeral on her own and of course they went down for a week and helped her to sort out his outstanding business. I wonder if he was asking them to go down and help her.

I've never experienced anything myself but how long these 'presences' last I really don't know.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Do you believe in them? Just enduring Yvette Fielding on the radio. Scientists aren't taking paranormal activity serious enough. 

How did we feel about old Derek and Sam channeling some poor widows husband?

Have you seen 'em on telly handing around old houses in the dark sensing evil spirits? 

Yes I do

They are really mate I seen one In a pub a while back there are bad spirts and worest.

A week ago today I received news that my beloved Aunty Mary (aged 96) had been taken off medication for pneumonia and was now on end of life care in hospital.

I was reluctant to go and see her as I wanted to remember her as she was the last time I saw her.

On the spur of the moment I went to see her. She was snug and cosy in bed but unresponsive. I held her and talked to her and she passed away an hour later in my arms.

My husband had arranged a short break in York for us to celebrate my birthday two days after she passed.

We had a B&B just outside Mary Gate and we went into a beautiful and colourful catholic church where we lit a candle in her memory in St. Mary's chapel. It was only as we left the church that I looked up at the notice board outside the church and saw that the church was dedicated to St. Winnefred. My Aunts name was Mary Winnifred. Possibly a coincidence but it left me with a very warm connection. X

I knew an old bloke many years ago who said that as a teenager in WW2 he used to cycle from Stockbridge in Hampshire to Winchester regularly. On one particularly clear evening, he swears he saw two small armies going at it hammer and tongs in a field a hundred yards from the road. They appeared to be in English Civil War garb, long-before historical re-enactment societies were formed. He watched them for several minutes before they faded away. He swore he hadn't eaten mushrooms and despite making the same journey many times thereafter, never saw them again.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I knew an old bloke many years ago who said that as a teenager in WW2 he used to cycle from Stockbridge in Hampshire to Winchester regularly. On one particularly clear evening, he swears he saw two small armies going at it hammer and tongs in a field a hundred yards from the road. They appeared to be in English Civil War garb, long-before historical re-enactment societies were formed. He watched them for several minutes before they faded away. He swore he hadn't eaten mushrooms and despite making the same journey many times thereafter, never saw them again.

I think there are more things in heaven and earth that we understand and until we do understand my mind remains open.

I doubt ghosts are real as we identify them. Unfortunately for us the dead don't talk.  I do wonder if what we imagine are ghosts are in reality some small cracks in time and space rather than a purely psychological phenomenon. But I know little about either subject so it's the most wild speculation from me.  

44 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I'm inclined to believe that something of us exists post death but for how long? Both my sister and my brother-in-law saw his dad standing in the bay window of their house shortly after his death. He didn't seem to acknowledge them and just faded away. They are both perfectly rational people and I accept what they saw. A couple of days later they had a phone call from his distressed widow saying that she didn't feel she could deal with everything that follows a funeral on her own and of course they went down for a week and helped her to sort out his outstanding business. I wonder if he was asking them to go down and help her.

I've never experienced anything myself but how long these 'presences' last I really don't know.

They are really I seen things I cant explain.

18 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I doubt ghosts are real as we identify them. Unfortunately for us the dead don't talk.  I do wonder if what we imagine are ghosts are in reality some small cracks in time and space rather than a purely psychological phenomenon. But I know little about either subject so it's the most wild speculation from me.  

Yes they do mate 

Like one day me and my mum both heard some say excuse me both move out of the way and both turned around and nobody there.

3 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Are there ghost mosquitos, plankton, goldfish etc.? Never been convinced of the logic that human beings, an intelligent ape, have an afterlife and yet aphids and oak trees, and anything else alive, does not enjoy the same benefits...

There is after life and likes of being reborn from another life.

And sence that been somewere before were never been but sence and memory that doing a job way way way in the past.

17 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Are there ghost mosquitos, plankton, goldfish etc.? Never been convinced of the logic that human beings, an intelligent ape, have an afterlife and yet aphids and oak trees, and anything else alive, does not enjoy the same benefits...

We went to Newstead Abbey in Mansfield this summer. Lord Byron lived there for a while along with his dog, Boatswain (Bosun). He loved the dog so much and had a memorial built for him in the grounds.

The guide told us that a couple of times she has heard  paws pattering across the floor when she was in a certain room. She was a lovely lady and my instinct told me that she was truthful.

After my mum's dog, Roxy, died mum swears that she heard her coming up the stairs for the following week. I know that this might be easily explained away but I remain open minded about this experience.

2 minutes ago, Miggins said:

We went to Newstead Abbey in Mansfield this summer. Lord Byron lived there for a while along with his dog, Boatswain (Bosun). He loved the dog so much and had a memorial built for him in the grounds.

The guide told us that a couple of times she has heard  paws pattering across the floor when she was in a certain room. She was a lovely lady and my instinct told me that she was truthful.

After my mum's dog, Roxy, died mum swears that she heard her coming up the stairs for the following week. I know that this might be easily explained away but I remain open minded about this experience.

I believe that we lost dogs in the past to this day I hear strating jiggling of old collars. When our current dog it is not him as he was asleep at the time.

Like my sister old dog I think seen at our house she was happy at ours I think they stay were they are loved.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Never seen one, but experienced some strange goings on in old houses that I've worked on under refurbishment. Once lived in a house and have a story related to the supernatural which is hard to explain. My sister sees them all the time and has told me on more than one occasion that houses I've lived in are haunted. I remain sceptical but not dismissive.

My sister worked for Staffordshire County Council and was called in to do a cleaning job in an office on Branston Road. She went in a room that was very cold and no staff would remain after finishing time. Whilst she was hoovering in the room something hit her very hard in her back and she fell over the hoover. She never went back. She said that she felt it was an evil creature.

Because this is my completely rational, highly intelligent sister, I believe her 100%.

3 minutes ago, Miggins said:

My sister worked for Staffordshire County Council and was called in to do a cleaning job in an office on Branston Road. She went in a room that was very cold and no staff would remain after finishing time. Whilst she was hoovering in the room something hit her very hard in her back and she fell over the hoover. She never went back. She said that she felt it was an evil creature.

Because this is my completely rational, highly intelligent sister, I believe her 100%.

It could be trying get her attention that it could need her help or trying warn her. Or should be selective to spirts but I can understand why it scared her.

Don’t believe at all… my step mum does and swears on her life she went to see a medium and our budgie that died a few years before turned up. She didn’t take it too well when I pointed out her mum couldn’t be bothered to turn up if ghosts are really real ?‍♂️

Until I see one I wont believe but people say you won’t see one unless you do.

I understand where you are coming from  @Ramslad1992.  I still think perhaps there are more levels of existence out there than we know. I've never had a personal experience of this, but I know family and friends who have experienced strange and unexplained events so I'll keep an open mind for the present!!