Mansfield v Derby matchday thread

archram

That entire performance was an abomination. 

Roberts is the only player that can leave with a semblance of credit. Dobbin too, but he did miss an easy chance early doors that was gifted to him. 

You could argue that no one has done themselves any favours. Worst performance of the season that I’ve seen. 

Just now, DavesaRam said:

Didn’t deserve to win. And the biggest difference was that we didn’t press and harry very well, and our passing was poor.

And it was Jason Knight who was offside for the pinball goal, wandering back onto the pitch like he was on a Sunday afternoon stroll. Worst is, the keeper had just pushed him over the goal line - he should have stayed there.

And I’m sorry, but that was really ugly football tonight.

I thought the offside was given for Forsyth who was off the pitch when the ball was played and he came back on and played it

14 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Fully deserved for Mansfield who should have won it in the 90 minutes.  Tough watch with shades of Lincoln. We looked weak and without energy

10 minutes ago, SSD said:

That gave me some Rowett away memories. Oh well, papa John's is a shocking pizza, have a pizza hut delivery instead ?

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That was really poor. We don’t really deserve the single point we did get.

Give me strength. It’s a nonsense trophy, we were playing a team all over the place. You expected more from a back 3 with Forsyth and Stearman in it? Did you miss the part where all of our club left in the summer and our u21 and u18 teams are getting pumped every single week, let alone in games like this? We ended up with Robinson at the back, who’s not even a defender  for crying out loud. We have no depth, this is well established. 

With all that said. The only goal they scored was direct from a corner, and Cybulski could’ve had 3, Dobbin another etc. Either team could’ve won that. 

Just some really dumb reactions in here tonight which lack any form of context. 

Edited by Srg

I get we want to turn them quicker now amd press with pace etc but when you're knackered the best thing to do is keep the ball. We have shown we can do it so why not keep the ball abit more so we can recharge the batteries

Edited by DCFC1388

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

I thought the offside was given for Forsyth who was off the pitch when the ball was played and he came back on and played it

It was given against Fozzy & I think incorrectly. If you're off the pitch but inside the goal when the ball is played it's not offside so why is it offside when you're off the pitch to the side of the goal? 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Give me strength. It’s a nonsense trophy, we were playing a team all over the place. You expected more from a back 3 with Forsyth and Stearman in it? Did you miss the part where all of our club left in the summer and our u21 and u18 teams are getting pumped every single week, let alone in games like this? We ended up with Robinson at the back, who’s not even a midfielder for crying out loud. We have no depth, this is well established. 

With all that said. The only goal they scored was direct from a corner, and Cybulski could’ve had 3, Dobbin another etc. Either team could’ve won that. 

Just some really dumb reactions in here tonight which lack any form of context. 

This. It’s literally like when you end 5-a-side and say “pens before we go?”.

Meaningless.

3 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

It was given against Fozzy & I think incorrectly. If you're off the pitch but inside the goal when the ball is played it's not offside so why is it offside when you're off the pitch to the side of the goal? 

I agree, for me he isnt offside and the goal should count

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gigs wasn't eligible to play for the England national team. He did play for England schoolboys due to go to an English school, but still couldnt play for the England national team.

Festy may have been born in Ireland, but has Nigerian parents.

I dont know how much more Irish you can get than a name like Eiran. Éire... Eiran... Cashin is also a Gaelic name.

The point of my post really is - I prefer not to have cricketers playing for England who speak like South Africans. (Ok I know that means we’re more likely to lose ... )

I know Festy doesn’t have red hair and freckles and I know what Cashin’s first name is. But these days I think accent is a better indication of heritage  

Giggs is an interesting one. I think he may have had an English g’parent such that he could have played for England until he decided to play for Wales in 1991. I accept the internet says something different, also that I might be wrong. But his own words suggest he may have made a choice:

“I’d rather go through my career without qualifying for a major championship than play for a country where I wasn’t born or which my parents didn’t have anything to do with,” Giggs said in 2002.