Mansfield v Derby matchday thread

archram

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

100% would go to Wembley, would love to be able to take my kids for their first experience. 

A draw vs City & we are through

Yes that would be great for them .

I don’t get the doom and gloom as a draw was a good result with the team put out. 

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

You can see who's begrudged giving David Clowes a tenner towards our running costs by the responses on here.

I thought it was s*** from us but actually got quite a lot for my money.

Nice goal - first senior career goal at that - terrible goal, end to end football (although I'd prefer at least some bloody control!) , big chances missed, comedy penalties....

Edited by Kokosnuss

39 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

It was given against Fozzy & I think incorrectly. If you're off the pitch but inside the goal when the ball is played it's not offside so why is it offside when you're off the pitch to the side of the goal? 

Lol - I like this idea. On Saturday when the ball is in our half, and all Port Vales defenders are on the half way line, let’s tell Collins to hide in the goal behind the Vale GK and we can get Cashin to boot it up to him and he miraculously appears out of nowhere and scores. Genius idea sir.

FYI - the official rule states that when an attacker is off the pitch behind the goal line the assistant referee interprets his position as being on the line. So short of the defensive team also having two players on the line, it’s as offside as they come.

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

Give me strength. It’s a nonsense trophy, we were playing a team all over the place. You expected more from a back 3 with Forsyth and Stearman in it? Did you miss the part where all of our club left in the summer and our u21 and u18 teams are getting pumped every single week, let alone in games like this? We ended up with Robinson at the back, who’s not even a defender  for crying out loud. We have no depth, this is well established. 

With all that said. The only goal they scored was direct from a corner, and Cybulski could’ve had 3, Dobbin another etc. Either team could’ve won that. 

Just some really dumb reactions in here tonight which lack any form of context. 

It's naturally disappointing that Warne hasn't got our entire squad fitter than the Ethiopian marathon team nor converted them from playing keep-ball in our own half to no nonsense dynamic attacking outfit in under a week. What's he been playing at?!? ? 

As far as this competition goes, take any plusses we can from it - Dobbin scored his first senior goal, Cybluski showed promise and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. other fringe players got more time on the pitch tonight. Warne wants to get the whole squad fitter as soon as is reasonably possible and tonight will have helped. These games also offer the chance to rest players who will be important at the weekend - Davies, Collins and Olusi spring to mind after Saturday.

I can take it or leave it as far as the Papa John's and the Carabao Cups go - but I'm looking forward to a night out at Anfield again.

However, the only competition that matters to me this season is the First Division. We have a chance of being one of the three clubs which will go up and we also have a chance of winning it. Either of those successes will see us playing in the East Midlands derby next season and back in a league where we were not relegated from for on-field performances. Derby County in the third tier does not sound right and we need to positively remedy that situation as soon as possible.

So it's onwards and upwards for me and the only competition that can bring that about is the League. The rest is just a side-show.

COYR

Edited by Brailsford Ram

56 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

And it was Jason Knight who was offside for the pinball goal, wandering back onto the pitch like he was on a Sunday afternoon stroll

Really? I thought it was the player (NML?) who came back onto the pitch and (just as he came back on) kept the ball in as it was hit to the bye line 

Whilst I don't take tonight seriously and don't think anything should be read into it...

...I reserve the right to read a thousand things into tonight's performance and include them in any possible criticism of Paul Warne, should we have any poor performances and results in the next 10 games and/or find ourselves in a position any more than 6 points off the top two.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, PrideParkhead said:

It was given against Fozzy & I think incorrectly. If you're off the pitch but inside the goal when the ball is played it's not offside so why is it offside when you're off the pitch to the side of the goal? 

Because he returned to the pitch and played the ball? 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

That entire performance was an abomination. 

Roberts is the only player that can leave with a semblance of credit. Dobbin too, but he did miss an easy chance early doors that was gifted to him. 

You could argue that no one has done themselves any favours. Worst performance of the season that I’ve seen. 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Sibley poor

Thommo awful 

Roberts lamentable 

I always love that watching a game of football can lead to such differing views! Goes to show you can’t really trust anything you read on here (or hear on RD).

Unless I see it with my own eyes I don’t  believe anything! ??