Mansfield v Derby matchday thread

archram

Nobody should read very much into that tbf.

We took the competition more seriously under Rosenior as shown by the team selection / subs, but Rosenior knew lots about most of his players so didn't need to use it as a learning experience filled with youth players, whereas Warne does and did, and he will have learnt quite a lot!

Ironically it's the senior pros who let us down in the shootout.

As I said earlier we'll never see that team playing in the league, and hopefully in the coming games in this competition we won't feel the need to make so many changes.

It is a concern that there will be times where our desire for fast football will result in us having as little control as we did today but again, that's something we'll only really learn from league games - we didn't see it against Cambridge.

Edited by Kokosnuss

In all seriousness, I’m really not that bothered about the EFL trophy and it’s a chance to see some fringe players giving it a go. It doesn’t prove anything, a Wembley day out is a bonus but we’ve been recently. I don’t see this as Paul Warne’s priority nor the owner. Happy for Dobbin to get his first senior goal, he seemed over the moon. One big positive.