Who is the new no.8 we've signed?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Love this new Birdy!

Bird has had this ability all along, has shown it in previous games, though extremely rarely as all his other managers have asked him to play a certain way. 
If Warne keeps encouraging this approach from Bird, and he bulks up a little, Bird is going to be a great asset to the side.

How that midfield 3 are set up is exactly how Lampard tried to set us up. I thought then, Championship players aren't intelligent enough to play it. It was no surprise we quickly stopped trying to play it.

It's impressive how in just a week with the players (even less for some) Warne has got us playing it in League 1. I have no doubt it'll bring the best out of both Bird and Knight. 

On 15/09/2022 at 12:56, chadlad said:

I don’t understand why so many people are leaving Max Bird out of their team because for me he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

With little help from fellow midfielders at times has looked like the only one playing there as Conor looks to prefer playing out wide and in any case has a habit of drifting in and out of games. Bird and Knight in the middle of the pitch with NML and Barks the wide men and McGoldrick in behind Collins. 

Right back is obviously the problem position, do you trust Oduroh with his inexperience and lack of height, or maybe the left footed Roberts. I would go with Roberts but thankfully I don’t pick the team.

What a fickle lot you are! ?