Rotherham fan in peace

rojo

I just want to say how lucky you are to have Paul Warne as manager. I've supported the millers for 69 years. Obviously, I've seen managers come and go during that period. As far as I'm concerned, and many other fans Warne is the best manager we've had.

Like Derby fans we went through some dark times. Administration points deducted, lost our ground, forced to play in Sheffield in an athletic stadium. No atmosphere, 4 years in the 4th division.

Paul has many qualities. Excellent staff management, a workaholic. He's articulate, honest and will live and breathe Derby County.

I thank him for all the memories, 3 Wembley wins 3 promotions and I wish him well and as a consequence wish the Rams well. I've never had a second team, but for the first time Derby County will be my second team. I look forward to seeing Paul succeed. 

Hopefully Derby will be promoted and we survive in the championship and look forward to see you at the New York stadium.

All the best.

Thank you Rojo. Once the stories emerged linking Warne with us I went on one of the RUFC forums and it was immediately apparent how loved he is by Millers' fans.

We should feel flattered that he has decided to leave a club he clearly has immense affection for to drop down a division. He has done so with Rotherham sitting in eighth place too. 

45 minutes ago, rojo said:

I just want to say how lucky you are to have Paul Warne as manager. I've supported the millers for 69 years. Obviously, I've seen managers come and go during that period. As far as I'm concerned, and many other fans Warne is the best manager we've had.

Like Derby fans we went through some dark times. Administration points deducted, lost our ground, forced to play in Sheffield in an athletic stadium. No atmosphere, 4 years in the 4th division.

Paul has many qualities. Excellent staff management, a workaholic. He's articulate, honest and will live and breathe Derby County.

I thank him for all the memories, 3 Wembley wins 3 promotions and I wish him well and as a consequence wish the Rams well. I've never had a second team, but for the first time Derby County will be my second team. I look forward to seeing Paul succeed. 

Hopefully Derby will be promoted and we survive in the championship and look forward to see you at the New York stadium.

All the best.

Thank you Rojo  Everyone should have a second team 

our club’s PR team have overexposed him since he joined which was not the best idea (the break did not help) so we’re looking forward to seeing him on the touchline 

He talks a lot about energy, ‘gas on’ and runners. It’ll be very interesting to see how he applies that to a squad where half of the best players are a long way from being spring chickens 

Cheers rojo. It was nice to see (from our perspective at least) that the whole thing seems to have been handled professionally and respectfully too. Our new owner (local man and fan) has made a big point of saying that after the carnage of the last couple of years that left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, that he wants the whole club to conduct itself with some integrity and that the character of the manager was a big part of that and why he went for Warne. We have not selected a shirt sponsor yet because the right kind of offers are not there yet and he doesn't want to just sell the clubs soul to just another betting company. Looks like we are going down the charity route for now which is great.

Really hoping that Warne is a big success here not just as a Derby fan but because I want to see the right people do well and that includes our owner and Warne himself. Good luck in the Championship, you've made a very solid start !

Cheers, he's certainly done well with Rotherham.

I must confess, for years it seemed like Rotherham were the exact club and personification of the teams Derby always slipped up against and it drove me mad - particually that 3-3 come back a few years ago. But on reflection, as that time has now passed, arrogent bigger club gets a happy slap from a well organised honest hard working team is the sort of thing that a team that gets promoted overcomes and in those years Derby never really did.

But as I say, those times have passed, the pennance for the hubris has been paid, the arrogence has been atoned for and the rebuildng of a new era has started, and it starts with Paul Warne. Liam Rosenoir for his part not only helped us through the crisis and handed the baton to him in as good a shape as anyone could hope for, as Paul has freely said.

Good luck to the Millers this season and going forward, hopefully you get a good manager in and all the best in staying up, and giving the occasional bloody nose to the big clubs in the championship.

2 hours ago, rojo said:

All the best.

@rojo Superb post. Sorry that your loss is our gain. From the evidence I’ve seen he has all the hallmarks of being an exceptional manager. Good luck this year - hope you continue to rise.  I’ll also keep an eye on your results from here on. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

our club’s PR team have overexposed him since he joined which was not the best idea (the break did not help) so we’re looking forward to seeing him on the touchline 

He talks a lot about energy, ‘gas on’ and runners. It’ll be very interesting to see how he applies that to a squad where half of the best players are a long way from being spring chickens 

I totally misread this as exposed ?

2 hours ago, rojo said:

All the best.

Rojo,

I hope you appoint Liam, fantastic coach and fantastic person

3 hours ago, rojo said:

All the best.

Welcome buddy to forum

I will give paul warn a chance but things he said about the club is not so easy to forgive that. But if he can get us out of league and back to the premiership then that will go a long way building that trust you all had in him.

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not sure what this "over exposure" applies to all of us,I've really enjoyed every bit of it up to now and it's helped me bond with the new gaffer and indeed the club again.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Welcome buddy to forum

I will give paul warn a chance but things he said about the club is not so easy to forgive that. But if he can get us out of league and back to the premiership then that will go a long way building that trust you all had in him.

What exactly did he say about the club mate?  I heard his disappointment when he thought we’d gone down, and he refrained from saying anything else about that after saying he had views on our situation at the time.

Did I miss something else?

43 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What exactly did he say about the club mate?  I heard his disappointment when he thought we’d gone down, and he refrained from saying anything else about that after saying he had views on our situation at the time.

He said it was disappointing when he heard that we had avoided being relegated.

And, under his breath, he then said something along the lines of it being better not to say any more on that subject.

In his first press conference here, he claimed his disappointment was because his friend was Wednesday's manager (Darren Moore?) but that wouldn't explain the under breath comment.

Anyhow, as I wrote on another thread.... Water under the bridge, let's move on. We forgave and accepted Charlie George.

53 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He was upset that Big Dave (his mate) had also been relegated 

20 hours ago, rojo said:

All the best.

Great post, I have family live in Wath, they are gutted he's left Rotherham, but same as you wish him all the Best with Derby ???