Rotherham fan in peace

rojo

On 30/09/2022 at 10:56, rojo said:

I just want to say how lucky you are to have Paul Warne as manager. I've supported the millers for 69 years. Obviously, I've seen managers come and go during that period. As far as I'm concerned, and many other fans Warne is the best manager we've had.

Like Derby fans we went through some dark times. Administration points deducted, lost our ground, forced to play in Sheffield in an athletic stadium. No atmosphere, 4 years in the 4th division.

Paul has many qualities. Excellent staff management, a workaholic. He's articulate, honest and will live and breathe Derby County.

I thank him for all the memories, 3 Wembley wins 3 promotions and I wish him well and as a consequence wish the Rams well. I've never had a second team, but for the first time Derby County will be my second team. I look forward to seeing Paul succeed. 

Hopefully Derby will be promoted and we survive in the championship and look forward to see you at the New York stadium.

All the best.

Rojo 

Is PW the driving force or is it more of a team effort ? And does he bring the tactical nous or is it one of the others ?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Rojo 

Is PW the driving force or is it more of a team effort ? And does he bring the tactical nous or is it one of the others ?

PW is the driving force. His man management encourages the team effort.

Just for the record his first relegation from the championship was more to do with the manager Alan Stubbs who

recruited badly. He was sacked and Kenny Jacket took over. He left after 6 games in charge. ( our nickname for him is Kenny Jacketin.)

PW took over in late November. We had a poor squad and were 11points from safety. 

His 1st full season he rebuilt the team finished 4th in Division 1 and we won the play offs. 

14 hours ago, Needlesh said:

?

Well done finding the emoji

the nice man from Rotherham says: we’re his second team and he’s never had one before. So I say to him: ‘everyone should have a second team’. Whimsical banter. My wife thought it was funny  

maybe you’ve just got a nasty case of reflux. Hope it improves.  Avoid acidic foods is what I’ve heard you should do

Edited by kevinhectoring

On 30/09/2022 at 18:58, Boycie said:

What exactly did he say about the club mate?  I heard his disappointment when he thought we’d gone down, and he refrained from saying anything else about that after saying he had views on our situation at the time.

Did I miss something else?

It was when shiffield wednesday went down and on youtube and many remember it.

6 hours ago, Magicman said:

Yes his next club was Bristol city ?

When I was a young lad, my grandad, a season ticket holder who helped the ground staff, used to take me to watch Bristol City and John Galley was the hero. I remember the leisurely drive in a red Cortina, the smell of Mintoes and, for some reason, the shrieking of the lady who sat behind us.

My allegiance to Derby started a few years later but thank you for bringing those memories back.

I think that Paul weds his heart on his sleeve, and at that time we weren’t the most popular club in the world, with Morris still in charge and all of the crap and others perceptions that went along with it.

So I think his disappointment was on two levels, his disappointment for Wednesday and us surviving - given the fact to some (probably including the Rotherham chairman) we were the devils incarnate.

He can’t take that back, but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since, So absolutely time to move on…

I don’t think he needs to take it back - he didn’t say or do anything wrong. 
I remember at the time not liking it at all - but more because that’s how our club had become viewed by some and the worst but .. not without some reason.

I didn’t like the comments because they had a ring of truth. I admired Warne at the time for being a man that was honest and human in his response. He was t derogatory that I remember. 

Nowt wrong with that. 

2 hours ago, norwichram said:

I don’t think he needs to take it back - he didn’t say or do anything wrong. 
I remember at the time not liking it at all - but more because that’s how our club had become viewed by some and the worst but .. not without some reason.

I didn’t like the comments because they had a ring of truth. I admired Warne at the time for being a man that was honest and human in his response. He was t derogatory that I remember. 

Nowt wrong with that. 

Agree, I would have been best probably saying he can’t and shouldn’t take it back, it’s what he thought at the time…