Cambridge Utd v Derby (A) matchday thread

archram

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You'd expect the four main WB options to be Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, Roberts and Oduroh. Forsyth should primarily be backup LCB but also LWB cover, with Knight also being cover for RWB.

I’d expect Roberts and Forsyth to be the other way around tbh.  Forsyth is very much a winger who dropped back to fullback, whereas Roberts looks much more like a centre half moved over to me. Obviously they can both do both roles, but Forsyth is much better going forward, which matters more in this system.

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Highlights here.

Watch the 2nd goal, Osula is dying on his feet to get forward, Once the ball is in the net...he's in there also...knackered, Not a criticism but an observation, "If you can't run you dont play" 

Edited by Tamworthram

17 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Highlights here.

Watch the 2nd goal, Osula is dying on his feet to get forward, Once the ball is in the net...he's in there also...knackered, Not a criticism but an observation, "If you can't run you dont play" 

Something special in the air yesterday, a Derby away goal and a miraculous recovery from the disabled chap behind the goal celebrating with his walking stick in the air, you love to see it.

Edit* I’ve never seen Jesus and Warne in the same room together…

Edited by YouRams

13 hours ago, jono said:

I just can’t believe it …. Angie said arse ?          ???

I mean, rear, derrière, backside, fair enough … but actually the “A” word … well .. I am shocked to the core ?

She’s all right until her favourite player gets subbed and then she’s a real potty mouth.?

I guess I can understand, at a stretch, where the Cambridge fans are coming form but they miss the context -

new team/ brand new manager/we haven’t scored an away goal all season.

We did what we needed to against a team with a good home record. That’s how you get promoted. 

I could be wrong but I don’t think we win that under Liam. 

10 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

In PW’s post-match interview, when asked about McGoldrick, I thought his response might have been a hint that he wasn’t convinced about the validity of the injury.

I hope my suspicions are unfounded.

Hooe there’s no friction between PW and McGoldrick.  He’s as good a player as anyone we’ve got  

10 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

In PW’s post-match interview, when asked about McGoldrick, I thought his response might have been a hint that he wasn’t convinced about the validity of the injury.

I hope my suspicions are unfounded.

Yes...there was a definite "ping" moment - PW then recovered to say he's got a sore groin but for a few seconds there seemed to be some doubt expressed by PW's non-verbals. Liam was "nursing" DMcG but perhaps in PWs head, he doesn't buy it. Don't want to magnify what may have been an insignificant moment ...but...  

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes...there was a definite "ping" moment - PW then recovered to say he's got a sore groin but for a few seconds there seemed to be some doubt expressed by PW's non-verbals. Liam was "nursing" DMcG but perhaps in PWs head, he doesn't buy it. Don't want to magnify what may have been an insignificant moment ...but...  

3E498EC1-AA4C-4F55-B486-173473907485.gif

Edited by Reggie Greenwood

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I think you’re doing just that. Sounded to me like he’d barely seen McGoldrick because he was injured when he got here and knew he couldn’t play, but hadn’t looked into how long yet. 

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes...there was a definite "ping" moment - PW then recovered to say he's got a sore groin but for a few seconds there seemed to be some doubt expressed by PW's non-verbals. Liam was "nursing" DMcG but perhaps in PWs head he8 doesn't buy it. Don't want to magnify what may have been an insignificant moment ...but...  

I think it's just been a very busy week for him and he initially forgot. Him talking it out would have jogged his memory about one particular email in a very long list.

23 minutes ago, norwichram said:

I guess I can understand, at a stretch, where the Cambridge fans are coming form but they miss the context -

new team/ brand new manager/we haven’t scored an away goal all season.

We did what we needed to against a team with a good home record. That’s how you get promoted. 

I could be wrong but I don’t think we win that under Liam. 

Don't try to understand them, don't even listen to them, but equally don't get into an argument with them about boat races or riding pedal cycles. They know much more than us about that ?