Cambridge Utd v Derby (A) matchday thread

archram

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes, sorry about that. I couldn't help myself.

Seriously though, I think I know who you mean. If it's the same person, he was standing in the row behind me about 6 seats further in. I think he'd had a bit too much to drink as he was unsteady getting into the row and was holding on to my shoulder.

Everything that's wrong about supporting a football team: talking rubbish, constantly criticising the team and feels the need to get drunk in order to attend an away game.

Sounds like a checklist for a florist fan.

On 02/10/2022 at 11:32, CBRammette said:

Lovely one of you two @angieram

But which one was @angieram?  Are you pictured @CBRammette? I've never met anyone from this forum (as far as I know...).  Be great to see people identify themselves.  Anyone else on here captured in these photos?

My favourite was the guy looking straight at the camera hoping no-one spots him surreptitiously nicking his mate's chips...

1 hour ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

But which one was @angieram?  Are you pictured @CBRammette? I've never met anyone from this forum (as far as I know...).  Be great to see people identify themselves.  Anyone else on here captured in these photos?

My favourite was the guy looking straight at the camera hoping no-one spots him surreptitiously nicking his mate's chips...

I’m one of these two, ones a legend the others me.

AA212AE9-CE52-4895-850A-77244F08D20B.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Did anyone else on here have the 'pleasure' of sitting about halfway up, to the side of the goal where you looked down our left wing in the first half?

In 50 years of watching football I have never come across a more negative fan - big, foul-mouthed old bloke wearing just a rams shirt.

He could have really spoilt the afternoon with his negativity an unpleasantness......but became a bit of a figure of fun.

Constant "You are ******* garbage Derby" but littered with gems.

"Why is he playing Claude Davis, he's ***** garbage" (yes Claude)

"I'm not wasting my money on this ****** garbage" (but he was)

"Derby have been ****** garbage since Cloughie left" (Brian)

Thankfully, he'd "had enough of this ****** garbage" by the 44th minute and missed Collins' ****** garbage goal!

Second half followed a similar theme but his did bless us with simply the best 'insult' I've ever heard at a match.

Mixing his pay and achievements, he blurted out "you are biggest bunch of over-achieving b8stards I've ever seen". Priceless.

He celebrated the second goal from "Derby's worst ever striker" with great gusto so hope he's now a fan.

Bloke behind me was calling Collins all the names under the sun , until he scored , by the time the final whistle went the same bloke was calling Collins the new Stevie Howard

4 hours ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

Angie posted her photo earlier in the thread. My son and I deliberately did not pose to be on the Cambridge photos! Angie is the first and only forum member I have purposefully met. I knew Angie would be lovely but others are more scary as you build up a picture of people in your mind!!

Caught up with a Cambridge fan at work today - tried to hide but hunted him down.

His main comments were- 

- couldn't believe Curtis was still playing so well and couldnt believe how young Cash was - thought he was brilliant

- hated "that number 9 who was in our faces all the time" and he saw a Cambridge player who he knew after who he asked "how did you not smack him one?" and who replied he "came very close". He then said he wished he played for them as he was such "a handful all over the pitch" So well played Collins!

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Angie posted her photo earlier in the thread. My son and I deliberately did not pose to be on the Cambridge photos! Angie is the first and only forum member I have purposefully met. I knew Angie would be lovely but others are more scary as you build up a picture of people in your mind!!

No need to be scared of me. I'm just your typical Tamworth resident.

image.png.7ec7c45fe5a6a605a735646a3a83debe.png