Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

No

Suggest you do then. 

Butchering his words here as I’m doing it from memory but he was very pragmatic about tactics suiting the type of player you’ve got available. If you’ve got athletes, you turn it into a game of running, if you’ve got footballers then you play accordingly. He mentioned about set pieces, both attacking and defending including throw ins, as being very important in this league as the ball spends a lot less time in play in league one than the championship. He also said he likes to press high and get balls in the box, and has already worked with the strikers about demanding the ball in the box. 

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I missed the Radio Derby one, I'll hopefully catch that later but he comes across really well and very likeable in the interview.  Quite humble about his role in the management team and very much a people person - says he likes to get to know the players and their families etc.  

It won't be a quick process to build trust with the players, but assuming the results come as a player I can see Derby being a very enjoyable place to work and with the fans still largely together following the last few seasons trials and tribulations this could be the start of an enjoyable ride.

Hopefully the fans will give him time to settle in and get us flying up the league(s).  Quietly confident about this - and thats not something I've really felt since Mac 1 tbh.

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought he spoke extremely well, very  articulate and very positive ??

Derby replace a man who speaks extremely well, very articulate and very positive, with another man who speaks extremely well, very  articulate and very positive.

I wish these two men only the very best in their future careers. Football is short of men who speak extremely well, are very articulate and very positive.

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Hopefully the fans will give him time to settle in and get us flying up the league(s).  Quietly confident about this - and thats not something I've really felt since Mac 1 tbh.

A lot of fans on here gave Rosenior less than 10 games!

I agree though and hope that, for once, people will have some patience and allow a manager time to build (remembering that this is a brand new team thrown together in one transfer window).

I’m hoping that that time will be spent watching attack minded proactive and ‘front foot’ football, mind, as if it’s not I’m going to be a right massive hypocrite and ask for him to be gone by Christmas ?

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Derby replace a man who speaks extremely well, very articulate and very positive, with another man who speaks extremely well, very  articulate and very positive.

I wish these two men only the very best in their future careers. Football is short of men who speak extremely well, are very articulate and very positive.

Clear communication is important as is a positive attitude.

Add belief, respect, hard work, people-skills, care, humour, politeness, calm, intelligence, relatability and we have an exciting moment for our club. COYR! ?

10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

A lot of fans on here gave Rosenior less than 10 games!

I agree though and hope that, for once, people will have some patience and allow a manager time to build (remembering that this is a brand new team thrown together in one transfer window).

I’m hoping that that time will be spent watching attack minded proactive and ‘front foot’ football, mind, as if it’s not I’m going to be a right massive hypocrite and ask for him to be gone by Christmas ?

I'm sure whatever happens there will be fans who make up their mind about Warne, as they did Rooney or Rosenior or Cocu, after less than 10 games. But in this case the person whose opinion that matters is David Clowes and he has offered Warne a goodly amount of time to get the Club going forward in the right manner. #COYR

26 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Communication skills an important part of management ?

2 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I've just listened to Paul Warne's press conference live on Radio Derby and all I can say is Wow!

His communications skills are excellent, he comes across as fluent, wholly honest, refreshing, ambitious, knowledgeable passionate and enthusiastic. He wants to win games and entertain the fans because he knows they demand that. He promised nothing other than we will do our absolute best. I can't wait for Saturday. I think any player worth his salt is going to love playing for this guy. I understand now how he achieved what he did at Rotherham. Let's get this gig on the road.

I've not enjoyed listening to a Derby manager speaking as much as today since Jim Smith's days.

COYR

Weren't you saying DC should hurry up and appoint LR a couple of weeks ago Brailsford? A fortnight is along time in football.  

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Good of Warne to call rosenior in advance. and clear what he’d say about his departure. 

did anyone understand the segment about the 4 year contract?  pW says convincingly that he didn’t force that issue. So why is the contract so long ?

So Chelsea will have to pay us compensation in two years time?