Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I tend to think the new owner would have got rid of him if he was useless - he may leave in time but currently he must be doing his job?

There's lots of useless people that hang on to their jobs. Being employed does not equate to competence

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was referring to the shrewd businessman comment, so often the same was said about Mel. I am chuffed to bits with the new owner but I don’t agree with the decision for change in management at this time. Some stability was needed, not more change.

I think it goes to show how little we understand football finances from the outside looking in. We all thought Mel had a good grip on the finances, that we were stable and although we'd spent money, not many of us had a clue how badly it had gone. Truth is, we still don't know. We hope it's all good, and there's less red flags than we ignored with Mel (all in good faith) so surely it's all under control. But who knows, ultimately? 

Just now, Tombo said:

Well yeah, he's the chief exec

Are you sure ? Not seen that , either way doesn’t necessarily mean he is involved in football decisions maybe just signs off DC’s instructions. He was always a money man so don’t see this would be his remit. 
Im no Pearce fan but don’t think this would be his doing. 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/team-analysis/rotherham-united-202122-their-defensive-record-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

I found this interesting.

it tells me that pw knows how to put together a great defensive set up.

His favourite formation is 352 but he will change tactics during games, when he needs to.

The current Derby team isn't as good as the team he had at Rotherham.

Rotherham 3 top strikers last season.

Michael Smith 18 goals

Freddie ladapo 11 goals

Daniel Barlaser (midfielder) 10 goals

During the summer pw lost his best players, as Smith (to sheffield wednesday) and ladapo (to ipswich) left Rotherham, both on free transfers.

50 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

4 year deal. This is Clowes man got to back him.

Warne was appointed manager of Rotherham on the 28th of November 2016.

2016/17 season ………..24th relegated.

2017/18 season, finished fourth 19 points behind Wigan, beat Shrewsbury in the playoffs……promoted.

2018/19 season…………22nd relegated.

2019/ 20 season……….the infamous points per game season when Wycombe finished eighth with points won but the computer said they’d made the playoffs which they won, the same computer put Rotherham second……..promoted.

2020/21 season………23rd relegated.

2021/22 season……..2nd behind Wigan promoted.

Relegated, promoted, relegated, promoted, relegated, promoted.

……perhaps a twelve month rolling contract would have made more sense ?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Rotherham fans are saying Warne is dropping down a division and will get treble his wages at DCFC. How long before the EFL look into this . If true ??‍♂️

They can speculate as much as they want. I am certain there will be no foolish salaries or deals with DC running this club. You can also bet he’ll be in for a hefty performance bonus. 

I don’t know what to think. My speculation is Liam wanted more than we had to offer. I can’t see there being enough data for him to have been removed on results. 

Right then … we’re still the Rams, PW is the new shorthand for boss. Long live our leader. 

4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Which players will this appointment suit best? Cahsin, Knight, Collins immediately spring to mind. 

Well this puts Knight back in midfield IMO, which I think he prefers. And I can see Collins being an obvious beneficiary.

NML and Barkhuizen will suit his 'get it out wide and put it in the box' philosophy too.