Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

53 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Cloughie signing. Scored on his debut v Huddersfield, Gordon Hughes outside right, Alan Hinton outside left, Kevin Hector inside right, John O’Hare inside left, Barker centre forward.

All out attack……….jumpers for goal posts, happy days!

Sorry....wrong Richie Barker.

23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think some of us are guilty of letting our like of Liam Rosenior the man cloud our assessment of Liam Rosenior the manager.

If we had appointed, say, Paul Lambert or Aidy Boothroyd or Darren Wassall or Justin Walker, as an interim manager to start the season and had exactly the same performances and results as what we've had this season, would we be saying that this is a harsh decision or would we be saying that it's fair enough given the appointment was only as made as an interim with no promises of getting the permanent gig?

It would depend entirely on what expectations I had for the manager in the first place.

Lambert I'd be saying - he's an experienced manager and should know what he's doing so expected better away, he's had somewhat of a mixed career but we should probably stick by him unless we have someone exceptional lined up

Boothroyd I'd be saying - he has a long history of being a terrible manager despite one promotion years ago, can't wait to get someone else in.

Wassall I'd be saying - we've seen his faults up front and centre, we know 90/100% that isn't suited to being a first team manager at this level and nor does he want to be, let's get someone else in

Walker I don't know what I'd be saying, because I've never heard him talk about first team football except for in vague 'stand-in duty' interviews.

I'm not sure this question actually leads to any useful answers tbh. There aren't any other managers who would have been here under the same circumstances as Rosenior.

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Expect Warne’s first teamtalk will be something like this :

“You lot that were here may have survived on the last day of the season under Rooney, But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your staying up medals and and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f****** dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

Tried and tested motivational strategy... 

A four year contract?

Now that’s an interesting decision.

I would have thought Warne would have been given a two-year contract in line with the deals that the players signed in the summer.

I guess this means the financial restrictions related to signing up playing staff don’t really apply to non playing staff.

But even so I think it would have made sense to use the business plan as a guide to protect ourselves.

In some ways, a four year deal means there is security for both the club and the coaches, but equally we don’t want to be in the position of paying off long contracts should something go wrong, which there is always a chance of happening however small.

Edited by Jourdan

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wildsmith 

Chester.    Davies.    Cashin 

Knight Smith.  Hourihane 

NML                                         Barkhauzen     
                 Collins McGoldrick 

that’s what I am expecting once Hourihane serves his suspension with the others popping in and out with the five subs bit and all that 

Would love to see something like this. Only qn is whether Curtis is fit enough 

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A four year contract?

I would have thought Warne would have been given a two-year contract in line with the deals that the players signed in the summer.

I guess this means the financial restrictions related to signing up playing staff doesn’t really apply to non playing staff.

But even so I think it would have made sense to use the business plan as a guide to protect ourselves.

In some ways, a four year deal means there is security for both the club and the coaches, but equally we don’t want to be in the position of paying off long contracts should something go wrong, which there is always a chance of happening however small.

All 4 new coaches aren't being paid - Clowes is just building them all million pound mansions. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Would love to see something like this. Only qn is whether Curtis is fit enough 

The centre of a back 3 is usually the one that needs to do the least running. Someone that can command the line and use experience to make blocks and head away long balls and crosses. Cashin has the energy to be more mobile on that left side (Roberts and Fozzy also fit this position. I'm more concerned about Chester's fitness, but hopefully he can get up to speed quickly and do a job. Stearman and Rooney as cover on the right side.

If he sets up 3-1-4-2 like he has with Rov'rum recently then I'd like to see one of Smith or Bird as the solo CDM (Smith when physicality is needed, Bird if we want someone to play the QB role) then pair Knight with Hourihane/Sibley further ahead.

I still think our squad is more suited to a 3-4-2-1 with Sibley and McGoldrick behind Collins for the attack. I'm excited to see what this new chapter will be like.

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A four year contract?

I would have thought that Warne was the only option for DC, Warne is/was already in employ, Too entice him away you have to put something on the table, 4 years it is, How much? who knows?, Who cares?, It's in the budget of DCFC, 5 people aint gonna be cheap £10k a week for Warne, £7k a week for the others that's circa £5million a year plus added bonus if we get promoted.

Above wages are purely guess work and nowt else