England Nations League Squad

Van der MoodHoover

Maybe it's all cunning ruse - play a formation that the players aren't used to; slot players into positions they're not familiar with; pick out of form players that can't get into their club sides; convince opposition managers that we're an overly negative, timid bunch with no desire or balls - then arrive in Quatar and unveil the real England who have a plan; have a formation they know and are comfortable with; pick the best players in each position (rather then the favourites); unleash the talented attacking talent and let them free to rip oppoition teams to pieces.....or maybe not ☹️

23 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Last night was a clear demo of why PL clubs are stuffed with foreign players and foreign managers. 

That lot would struggle as a team in the Championship.

That is more down to the financial might of the PL to be fair. With the exception of Pope they all play for top clubs home or abroad. To get into a side coached by Pep or Conte, they aren't going to do English players favours, you ve got to be a top player.

I agree England looked poor last night but there are a few players in there I'd have in the my French team.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Maybe it's all cunning ruse - play a formation that the players aren't used to; slot players into positions they're not familiar with; pick out of form players that can't get into their club sides; convince opposition managers that we're an overly negative, timid bunch with no desire or balls - then arrive in Quatar and unveil the real England who have a plan; have a formation they know and are comfortable with; pick the best players in each position (rather then the favourites); unleash the talented attacking talent and let them free to rip oppoition teams to pieces.....or maybe not ☹️

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I’d like to think Southgate is that cunning, but in reality he’s just simply ‘predictable’.

One of the best crop of players with undoubtedly one of the worst managers.

Hopefully the FA will wake up sooner rather than later, the squad and the country need a change