England Nations League Squad

Van der MoodHoover

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Why not? We would stand a better chance of winning it.

That is irrelevant to the FA. They are a conservative (small c) organisation and it wouldn’t be in their nature to make such a drastic course of action this close to a tournament.  

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

Fed up with the bore fest games. Since we got to the Euro finals we have gone backwards rather than kicked on. 

Completely agree. But I'd bet my life on the FA not changing course until after a tournament.

On a different note, gratifying to see so many people voicing concern about dreary 'pragmatic' and defence-minded football. Given some of the comments I've read today about Rowettball, I thought people quite liked it (perhaps only when we win?).

14 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Completely agree. But I'd bet my life on the FA not changing course until after a tournament.

On a different note, gratifying to see so many people voicing concern about dreary 'pragmatic' and defence-minded football. Given some of the comments I've read today about Rowettball, I thought people quite liked it (perhaps only when we win?).

We could play with a bit more intensity, movement and pace take a few risks and actually look like a team to be feared rather than a team that can’t break through the opposition.