Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

There seems to be a lot of Bird & Sibley negative comments on here tonight (and in previous matches). Other players gave the ball away just as many times but don't get the criticism. I watched the match  on Rams TV and Shaun Barker gave the MOM to Dobbin but also mentioned that Bird and Sibley were very good tonight. I have got to agree with Shaun Barker, an ex-pro who knows what he's talking about. I also felt Cashin was solid again tonight, so was our keeper and Roberts at left back. Collins and Mcgoldrick were off the mark tonight and not scoring their penalties probably summed up their night.

I've not scrolled back through all the posts but have there really been a lot of negative comments about Sibley?

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not criticising his overall performance tonight, as you say, he wasn't on long enough, but that shocking shot in a great position under no pressure was very poor (unless is bobbled up awkwardly).  

I personally don't see how he makes it or what he brings.

Disappointing result yes, but very much heartened by that performance. Once we get a couple of back to back wins and go on a run we will take some stopping.

Darren Robinson made the point a couple of weeks back that because we lost 2 weeks in pre season that it’s kinda shown that we’ve been a couple of weeks off these other teams in terms of fitness. After tonight i think you can see the point he was making because we are starting to keep other sides at arms length for large periods of the game.

Think everything that’s an issue is teachable and nothing to be too alarmed about. Osula is unfortunately very green despite his obvious attributes, great run (and pass by Fozzy) but a bit if composure in front of goal. Cashin needs to time his runs a bit better on corners too, it’s all finishing touches stuff. 

For their goal I think Bird or Sibley should be on the edge of the box, Bird looks a free man to me but Sibley has maybe followed a man he didn’t need to into the box? 

Pens, neither looked comfortable in the run ups. I’d argue it was a decent save of Collins in the end but McGoldrick just got out done. Penos need to be smashed, arguable straight down the middle at the minute because keepers in this league(inc. Wildsmith) take a step forward and absolutely throw themselves one way or the other.

So yeah, just need to keep ourselves in touching distance of everyone else, I can atleast see a pattern of play and what we are trying to do now.

Edited by TuffLuff

It was no surprise that in playing five forwards, one regular midfield player and a makeshift back four that we would see an end to end game.

I know Morecambe are poor and at the bottom of the table but we made so many chances to win the game.

Two points lost but nothing to get angry about.

Just need a different penalty taker ?

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Disappointing result yes, but very much heartened by that performance. Once we get a couple of back to back wins and go on a run we will take some stopping.

Darren Robinson made the point a couple of weeks back that because we lost 2 weeks in pre season that it’s kinda shown that we’ve been a couple of weeks off these other teams in terms of fitness. After tonight i think you can see the point he was making because we are starting to keep other sides at arms length for large periods of the game.

Think everything that’s an issue is teachable and nothing to be too alarmed about. Osula is unfortunately very green despite his obvious attributes, great run (and pass by Fozzy) but a bit if composure in front of goal. Cashin needs to time his runs a bit better on corners too, it’s all finishing touches stuff. 

For their goal I think Bird or Sieynahoujd be on the edge of the box, Bird looks a free man to me but Sibley has maybe followed a man he didn’t need to into the box? 

Pens, neither looked comfortable in the run ups. I’d argue it was a decent save of Collins in the end but McGoldrick just got out done. Penos need to be smashed, arguable straight down the middle at the minute because keepers in this league(inc. Wildsmith) take a step forward and absolutely throw themselves one way or the other.

So yeah, just need to keep ourselves in touching distance of everyone else, I can atleast see a pattern of play and what we are trying to do now.

Who is Sieynahoujd

1 minute ago, Norwichram2 said:

On Cashin I always thought FA Cup counted for serving suspensions. Am I wrong?

Warne confirmed he’ll miss MK Dons away in his RD interview. 

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It was poor, they are utterly ordinary. That depressed me. I will put it down to injuries and suspensions.

9 minutes ago, Vyrdasm said:

You can just tell he ain't got it. You can be small and weak but you have to have technical ability to get away with the lack there of. He hasn't and isn't good enough to be around the squad. Nothing against the lad just facts. 

Another who doesn't seem to know the difference between fact and opinion.