Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

If he doesn't want to play here and we can't sell him I would tell Brum he can stay for the season if they pay his wages.

Perhaps offer him the chance to forgoe the no doubt considerable element of his wages they may not be covering to leave him in the championship sunshine.  Tomorrows headline'  I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK TO DERBY AND HELP THEM TO PROMOTION'

Doesn't really matter what we or Beilik want, now the World Cup is over finances will mostly dictate. 

If he comes back we have a useful player, but he will take a huge chunk out of anything we can do transfer-wise. Will Warne want to be hampered in such a way?

Probably the best scenario all round is selling him for as much as we can get (which won't be much more than 2 million I'd imagine), after that it's covering his wages with a loan.

If he returns, we have a very useful player, with the large downside of him being a high risk of getting injured again, fitting in with the squad, costs us a fortune and hinders our transfer plans moving forwards.

On 14/12/2022 at 20:50, Ramarena said:

Doesn't really matter what we or Beilik want, now the World Cup is over finances will mostly dictate. 

If he comes back we have a useful player, but he will take a huge chunk out of anything we can do transfer-wise. Will Warne want to be hampered in such a way?

Probably the best scenario all round is selling him for as much as we can get (which won't be much more than 2 million I'd imagine), after that it's covering his wages with a loan.

If he returns, we have a very useful player, with the large downside of him being a high risk of getting injured again, fitting in with the squad, costs us a fortune and hinders our transfer plans moving forwards.

Starting for Brum tonight. We need to hoping for good performances and then sell him on sharpish before he breaks down again. The thought of him running around in freezing cold temps tonight on whats probably a hard pitch fills me with dread.

On 09/12/2022 at 11:32, Thameram said:

If your bielik wouldn't you want to come back and lead your club to promotion in front of fab home and away fans instead of pottering about in mid table bottom half, half empty run down stadium with uncertainty surrounding the club 

If promotion were assured, perhaps he might. Perhaps. Reality is we’re not a match with KB any more, I think we just need to accept that and wish him well

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What did he show tonight that we're desperate to have in the team? 

The ability to hold together a midfield. Playing as a solo DM allows others, in Brum's case, Hannibal and Bacuna, freedom to go forward without having to worry too much about defending. He won 8/11 duels and made 6 tackles. 

Edited by Jubbs

13 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

The ability to hold together a midfield. Playing as a solo DM allows others, in Brum's case, Hannibal and Bacuna, freedom to go forward without having to worry too much about defending. He won 8/11 duels and made 6 tackles. 

Those are things (many) fans are desperate to have in their team, which was indeed the question.

The real question perhaps should be, what has he shown that Warne is desperate to have in his midfield?

I don't think both answers point to the same player.

There's no such thing as a 'defensive midfielder' under Warne.

Edited by Kokosnuss

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

image.png.4af0870e06b26de055597fa9a48eac60.png

Exactly. 

One of the things that Warne has been (rightly) praised for is 'freeing Bird from the shackles of DM by allowing him to get forward'.

He's not playing him as a defensive midfielder.

Warne himself has said that the way he wants us to play leaves us open to the counter attack. It's not something he seems particularly concerned about as the benefits (might) outweigh the positives. The way we leave Korey Smith as the only player back at set pieces is another sign of this attitude - we've been caught out by it a number of times but we still do it.

We're never going to have someone just sitting deep breaking up play, focussed on controlling the midfield.

Edited by Kokosnuss

11 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Those are things (many) fans are desperate to have in their team, which was indeed the question.

The real question perhaps should be, what has he shown that Warne is desperate to have in his midfield?

I don't think both answers point to the same player.

There's no such thing as a 'defensive midfielder' under Warne.

You’d argue that Bielik’s best spell for us was when Rooney had him playing as rampaging midfield destroyer in a 442.

Suppose it would be a question of whether he still has the legs.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

You’d argue that Bielik’s best spell for us was when Rooney had him playing as rampaging midfield destroyer in a 442.

His best spell was playing as the deepest midfielder in a midfield 3 under Rooney.