Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

38 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why on earth are people expecting a professional athlete to drop down a level for no reason?

It’s not for no reason. The reason(s) people seem to be referencing are that he is contracted to us as a club, we have the option to recall him in Jan and therefore he would be contractually obliged to play for the club. Further to that is the club has supported/funded his recovery from 2 serious injuries and invested a lot of money in him, none of which is within Bielik’s control of course and is kind of the club’s responsibility to the playing staff if injured doing their job.

I’m of the opinion that he’s unlikely to be happy if that scenario played out and that’s where the problem lies, Warne seems aware of that too and has made reference to it in a couple of interviews. So yes we could recall him, yes he would be contracted to play, and as he is unlikely to be happy at that prospect which could impact the squad/club/player negatively it’s probably a more sensible and likely option that Bielik stays where he is until the season is over and the club can then reassess in the summer.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

My view is if he came back in January he would probably break down again after a couple of games, and we would end up paying his wages till his contract is up.

Option one his sell him and try and break even for what we owe Arsenal.

Option two leave him at Brum.

Very sad again after George Thorne a terrific player who is to fragile, hope option one is the way forward.

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s not for no reason. The reason(s) people seem to be referencing are that he is contracted to us as a club, we have the option to recall him in Jan and therefore he would be contractually obliged to play for the club. Further to that is the club has supported/funded his recovery from 2 serious injuries and invested a lot of money in him, none of which is within Bielik’s control of course and is kind of the club’s responsibility to the playing staff if injured doing their job.

I’m of the opinion that he’s unlikely to be happy if that scenario played out and that’s where the problem lies, Warne seems aware of that too and has made reference to it in a couple of interviews. So yes we could recall him, yes he would be contracted to play, and as he is unlikely to be happy at that prospect which could impact the squad/club/player negatively it’s probably a more sensible and likely option that Bielik stays where he is until the season is over and the club can then reassess in the summer.

Fair points.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Just in the interest of balance so as not to imply he should be our debt for ever more:

I suspect part of the motivation behind “helping him with his World Cup dream” was to put him in the shop window and enhance his value should we decide to sell him on.

Yes we paid his wages whilst he was injured but, what was the alternative, cancel his contract and lose any potential value he might have? Also, I may be wrong, but don’t clubs take out some kind of insurance against players getting injured? Mind you, if we did we probably defaulted on the premiums.

Finally, do we really have to turn him into a Nathan Byrne like pariah? Has he actually said he doesn’t want to return to Derby or has he just shared is longer term ambition and made all the right noises for the club he is currently playing for?

Not knocking him at all, personally hope he comes back and plays for six months.  Starting to sound like he doesn’t fancy that at all though.

Time will tell

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why on earth are people expecting a professional athlete to drop down a level for no reason?

His club plays there. If we can afford his wages and if PW wants him he had to come.

Or get his agent a lucrative move for him and the club.

Sick to death of hearing what suits Bielik. Time he put up and shut up. The club has acquiesced to his every desire and demand and it's now high time he knuckled down and began to repay the faith, not to mention the financial investment. If he wants to play in the Championship, get TF back to PP and help us get there. We are after all the club with whom he signed a contract. Equally, I'm not sure why that contract should be viewed differently to any other just because he's a footballer and assumes he should be playing in the Prem. Premiership clubs are not exactly banging our door down to get to him, after all. Grrrr.

19 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Sick to death of hearing what suits Bielik. Time he put up and shut up. The club has acquiesced to his every desire and demand and it's now high time he knuckled down and began to repay the faith, not to mention the financial investment. If he wants to play in the Championship, get TF back to PP and help us get there. We are after all the club with whom he signed a contract. Equally, I'm not sure why that contract should be viewed differently to any other just because he's a footballer and assumes he should be playing in the Prem. Premiership clubs are not exactly banging our door down to get to him, after all. Grrrr.

comedy central season 3 episode 4 GIF by Workaholics

Has Bielik actually said anything yet, or is it a bunch of Derby fans who "think" he doesn't want to return?

28 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Has Bielik actually said anything yet, or is it a bunch of Derby fans who "think" he doesn't want to return?

Apart from the I want to play at a higher level (yep, you and every other player mate), I want to go to the World Cup (it's my boss stirring things up, not me) and I'm quite happy at Brum (now I'm back from the World Cup), no. Be nice if he said I'm grateful to Derby for keeping the faith, paying the medical bills and giving me my chance to fulfil my dream of playing at a World Cup, but I guess as he's a footballer no loyalty or class is deemed necessary, certainly by some on here.

Get him back and make him earn the cash we are still apparently paying the bulk of and if he does well, he will be off at the first available opportunity, no doubt! Seriously, it's no wonder many players are so feckin selfish when they're so cosseted. 

4 hours ago, SirBrian said:

My view is if he came back in January he would probably break down again after a couple of games, and we would end up paying his wages till his contract is up.

Option one his sell him and try and break even for what we owe Arsenal.

Option two leave him at Brum.

Very sad again after George Thorne a terrific player who is to fragile, hope option one is the way forward.

What is that based on? How is him playing for us or Birmingham any different injury wise?

he’s been fit for close to a year now.

18 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Apart from the I want to play at a higher level (yep, you and every other player mate), I want to go to the World Cup (it's my boss stirring things up, not me) and I'm quite happy at Brum (now I'm back from the World Cup), no. Be nice if he said I'm grateful to Derby for keeping the faith, paying the medical bills and giving me my chance to fulfil my dream of playing at a World Cup, but I guess as he's a footballer no loyalty or class is deemed necessary, certainly by some on here.

Get him back and make him earn the cash we are still apparently paying the bulk of and if he does well, he will be off at the first available opportunity, no doubt! Seriously, it's no wonder many players are so feckin selfish when they're so cosseted. 

Direct quote from Bielik;

“Derby may shorten the loan period in winter," he said. "Can I imagine playing League One? I'd like to play in the Championship. Derby is my club. I am grateful to them. They will decide."

Taken from this article from October of this year; https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfer-news-bielik-7687317.amp

Doesn’t seem disrespectful to me. The nature of a footballers career is typically that they want to play at the highest level so no issue with that, he says Derby is his club and he is grateful. Warne has speculated that bringing Bielik back could disrupt the squad harmony and that he wouldn’t want to hold a player to ransom.

It’s not as straightforward as bringing him back and forcing him to play, on one hand it is as we have a recall clause and he has a contract. On the other hand the club did agree a season long loan deal with Birmingham, if the intent was only ever to bring him back in January we’ve perhaps set an expectation by agreeing a longer loan which he has every right as a human being to potentially be upset by. So that’s the human aspect to this player who is both asset and employee. Any employee unhappy in the workplace regardless of their contract can have a big impact on the environment. It could be positive, it could be negative.

The other aspect to consider is the cost implication, Birmingham are allegedly covering a percentage of Bielik’s wages (the exact amount is unknown), if we recall him we become liable for all of that cost. Which may then impact our ability to add other players to the squad as we’re lead to believe the club is still under strict financial restrictions. So Warne and Clowes have to establish if Bielik added to our midfield makes a big enough difference to the performance of the squad to rule out other additions. 
Whatever happens I think most if not all of us want what is best for Derby County both on and off the pitch, luckily all we get to do is discuss and speculate on that whilst other people are responsible for actually deciding it. That might be bringing Bielik back, it might be leaving him where he is, it might be selling him on, we have to wait and see. 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Here you go @RoyMac5. You were asking if anyone seemed to turning him into a pariah when, in my opinion, he hasn't (yet) done or said anything to deserve it.

He want to play at a higher level - well of course he does. Nothing too radical in saying that unless it was combined with saying he didn't want to come back to Derby.

I want to go to the World Cup - again, of course he does and, as I said in an earlier post, it probably suited our purposes as well if we were thinking about selling him (none of us were to know he wouldn't really shine).

I'm quite happy at Brum - of course he's going to say that. It's the club he's currently playing for and may well be until the end of the season at least. It wouldn't really be a very intelligent thing to alienate the club and their fans by saying he wasn't happy and wanted to return to Derby.

I really don't get this turning against him until/unless Warne says he wants him back (either at the end of his loan period or earlier) he then kicks off.