Matchday Thread - Derby County vs Plymouth Argyle (03/09 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

We won Div. 2 last game of season 4-2. Party atmosphere still have it on VHS which does make the pitch look a little better. Always remember they wanted to stay to see our celebrations, we were chanting ‘let em stay’, well some of us were. Frightening how long ago that was now. And as has been mentioned after Exeter they have to travel some distances every away game. Fair play to the genuine fans (I’ll exclude the two we’ve had the pleasure to witness on here) 

25 minutes ago, derbydave1965 said:

I remember going to Plymouth for the FA cup game and afterwards we were sitting on our coach when a Plymouth lad picked up a brick and somehow managed to throw it in between 2 Derby coaches that were about 2 feet apart, he then proceeded to fall under the coach which ran over his leg. Never laughed so much in my life.

I remember the car park afterwards was chaotic, scrapping everywhere...

10 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

I remember the car park afterwards was chaotic, scrapping everywhere...

I was their, Rams fans were still in plymouth on Sunday, 

I just hope we dont start singing Wurzell songs and cider songs to them, as they always laugh at are ignorance, that part of the country is about the same distance as Manchester is to Derby, ( Summerset )

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

We won Div. 2 last game of season 4-2. Party atmosphere still have it on VHS which does make the pitch look a little better. Always remember they wanted to stay to see our celebrations, we were chanting ‘let em stay’, well some of us were. Frightening how long ago that was now. And as has been mentioned after Exeter they have to travel some distances every away game. Fair play to the genuine fans (I’ll exclude the two we’ve had the pleasure to witness on here) 

Yes I remember that well

1 hour ago, derbydave1965 said:

I remember going to Plymouth for the FA cup game and afterwards we were sitting on our coach when a Plymouth lad picked up a brick and somehow managed to throw it in between 2 Derby coaches that were about 2 feet apart, he then proceeded to fall under the coach which ran over his leg. Never laughed so much in my life.

I always find it amusing when someone falls under a coach and has their leg ran over.

They should dedicate more YouTube channels to it.

In fact am surprised I haven't seen that incorporated into the new Jackass film. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I always find it amusing when someone falls under a coach and has their leg ran over.

They should dedicate more YouTube channels to it.

In fact am surprised I haven't seen that incorporated into the new Jackass film. 

Indeed. "Let he who is without sin, chuck the first brick", that's what I say. 

39 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Just bought my ticket for tomorrow 

First game of the season for me….

But why can’t I get an eticket/email tkt?

I’m sure that was a thing before. Ah well. No biggy but seems odd to make us have to print or collect a paper tkt?

The turnstile scanners are like a little slot. Never really thought about it but I’d imagine a phone can’t fit in it to scan. Season ticket cards and paper seem like the only way but I could be totally wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Mckram said:

The turnstile scanners are like a little slot. Never really thought about it but I’d imagine a phone can’t fit in it to scan. Season ticket cards and paper seem like the only way but I could be totally wrong. 

The turnstiles themselves are awfully little. I'm amazed everyone can squeeze through them! Especially after our Just Eat season!

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It’s match day people!

Everyone excited?

Looking forward to my train journey up from Bristol, the buzz of the crowd streaming to the stadium, the sight of the warm-up, the brooding classical intro, SBW and the roar as we kick off. 
It’s a beautiful day.

All of that,  apart from SBW, awful dirge. ? should be a fascinating battle.

8 hours ago, Mckram said:

Phones do fit and we have at times had e tickets. I am pretty sure some on here use their phones with the print at home ticket electronically.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The turnstiles themselves are awfully little. I'm amazed everyone can squeeze through them! Especially after our Just Eat season!

Compared to older stadiums, they're positively roomy. The away end turnstiles at Charlton are particularly tight - one big lad got stuck in them on our recent visit and I thought they were going to have to grease him to get him through. Even those couldn't compare to Plough Lane in the 1980s, which were impassable to anyone with a waist greater than 36".