What's your favourite pizza?

Day

Got to be a meat feast or bolognaise. No pineapple, not into all that nonsense. Plus it doesn't make me a target for the pizza mafia.

Not into Dominos, Pizza Hut or Papa John's, get me down the dirty 3 star hygiene places, more authentic 

4 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I always look for a calzone when abroad (i.e. a folded over pizza). You don't see them very often in this country.

Really? Calzones pretty much available at most places now, I think Belper has yet to discover them like a lot of things, but most other places have.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Really? Calzones pretty much available at most places now, I think Belper has yet to discover them like a lot of things, but most other places have.

Might be a regional thing. I live in the West Midlands, and they don't seem to be on many menus round where I live. If they are getting more common that can only be a good thing. I love a calzone.?

Takeaway-wise, I prefer the 3chefs/any other kebab shop/curry take out type pizzas, to the pizza-specific places (Doms/Hut etc).  I'd go large, thick, Meatfeast... and have the last 3 slices for lunch next day.  Eaten with fingers, with a slice of kitchen roll as a side.
*I only recently learned that the powdery coating on the crust at most of these places is semolina!  Who knew!

In a pizzeria (preferably independent, and usually abroad, but not exclusively so... but not Hut/Express/other UK chains etc) I'd go as near to meat feast that they do... accept the rocket, and the egg in the centre... and as @JoetheRam says, always thin, and always with cutlery... And never save any for the next day!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, Olton Ram said:

I'm quite partial to either a Domino's or Pizza Hut, stuffed crust optional. If you want the hipster answer, I always look for a calzone when abroad (i.e. a folded over pizza). You don't see them very often in this country.

And pineapple? Fine by me.....

dont-hate-me-please-dont-hate-me.gif.5b7fbbdba62b8b4d9e002cd917eb5069.gif

Had one in a restaurant in Chester many years ago, It was lovely and big very big, I left about a third...very unusual for me, I was bloated, Anyroad with guilt I put my napkin over what was left so no one could see, Waiter came along and asked...was all well, Yes was the reply from all, He looked at me and my plate, Lifted the napkin and saw what was left, Sir but you did not finish your meal, I couldn't it was too big, He took it away and came back with a box...with the leftovers in...1st time I was aware of the Doggy Bag...breakfast was nice too?