What's your favourite pizza?

Day

I make my own pizza dough using 120g strong bread flour and 120g chakki atta (Indian stoneground wholewheat flour, usually used for chapatis and naans).

Take 110g of lukewarm water, add 0.5 teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of yeast. Stir and leave for 15 minutes.

Sieve the flours, add a good pinch of salt, make a well, pour in the water/yeast mixture, add a teaspoon of olive oil and a dessert spoon of yoghurt, mix and knead well before adding to an oiled bowl for about 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.

Knock back, knead for a few seconds then pull/tease into a 12 inch circle, place on pizza disk and scorch the underside all over for about 30 seconds before assembly (this dough is so soft and fluffy it will ooze through the holes in the pizza disk if you give it a chance - scorching it just firms it up a little).

I make a sauce using 3 salad tomatoes, fried in a little olive oil for about 15 minutes, mixed with pesto, oregano and a tiny bit of Scotch Bonnet chili (ok, my 'tiny bit' is usually somewhere between a quarter and a half).

The toppings?

Whatever you like (the Memsahib loves Tandoori chicken, I love Keema (spiced minced lamb) - so we often compromise and have both), and the whole lot smothered with Buffalo Mozzarella.

Bake on the top shelf of the oven at gas mark 9 for about 12 minutes.

Edited by Eddie

14 hours ago, David said:

Got to be a meat feast or bolognaise. No pineapple, not into all that nonsense. Plus it doesn't make me a target for the pizza mafia.

Not into Dominos, Pizza Hut or Papa John's, get me down the dirty 3 star hygiene places, more authentic 

Thought you were gluten free?

On 30/08/2022 at 16:13, David said:

Got to be a meat feast or bolognaise. No pineapple, not into all that nonsense. Plus it doesn't make me a target for the pizza mafia.

Not into Dominos, Pizza Hut or Papa John's, get me down the dirty 3 star hygiene places, more authentic 

NANDOS 

Making pizza is a bit of a daddy & daughter actvity for us, so I use a yeast free dough recipe from a kid's cookery book we've got and do our own. Her half is always just pepperoni and mine is that plus whatever other meat we have available plus some siracha sauce.

On the rare occasions we have a takeaway, it's from the local independent place and they do a meat feast with the usual stuff plus doner meat. Lovely.

I made a stuffed crust one tonight. Basic sauce as per my previous post, topped with tandoori chicken and kielbasa, but the outside rim of the pizza was rolled over and contained 6 different cheeses (Long Clawson Barnstone Blue, Gouda, Emmenthal, Sage Derby, Cheddar and Camembert).

Utterly magnificent.

Cheese overload really when you add in the Mozzarella and the Feta in the Greek Salad.

Edited by Eddie

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I made a stuffed crust one tonight. Basic sauce as per my previous post, topped with tandoori chicken and kielbasa, but the outside rim of the pizza was rolled over and contained 6 different cheeses (Long Clawson Barnstone Blue, Gouda, Emmenthal, Sage Derby, Cheddar and Camembert).

Utterly magnificent.

Cheese overload really when you add in the Mozzarella and the Feta in the Greek Salad.

Hungry Feed Me GIF

Dog Pizza GIF