A Senior Striker

Fraser_23

25 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Robson Kanu has had a year off football, would prefer Cannon every day of the week! Caroll is a different kettle of fish! A real handful for any defenders when fit, would easily get 15+ in league 1 

Surely can't be Robson Kanu, after having a year out of football. No way he's one of the "first choice options" LR keeps referring to.

Carrol also doesn't seem to fit the bill given he's a free agent. LR mentioned premier league loans many times. 

Would have thought we are trying to get a player from the PL who either can't make the team's squad list or is a youngster.

I would be delighted if Carroll signed for us and it’s not just for his potential goals - he causes chaos to defenders and the rest of the attackers can pick up the knock downs for fun. He did sign for Reading for very little in wages last season to earn a stint at WBA 

we are in the third division and he would be an excellent option. 

I’ve heard a player may be coming in. He may be a senior player. He may be a striker. He may be Carroll. He may be someone else. He may arrive before the transfer deadline.

All this ITK may be nailed on. Ive not heard anything else and no I’m not mates with Reluctant thicko!

Sam cosgrove at brum good for aberdeen lost his way a bit but is a big unit and still quite young could kick start his career with us

i hope its andy carroll real handful and we could rotate him with collins and didzy he would score for fun with us

15 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Sam cosgrove at brum good for aberdeen lost his way a bit but is a big unit and still quite young could kick start his career with us

i hope its andy carroll real handful and we could rotate him with collins and didzy he would score for fun with us

If he's related to Mark Cosgrove, the Aussie cricketer, he will be a big unit.

mark-cosgrove.jpg

Diego Costa - 33

Edison Cavani - 35

Matej Vydra - 30

Saido Berahino - 29

Izzy Brown - 25

Aaron Lennon - 35

Oumar Niasse - 32

Andy Carroll - 33

Daniel Sturridge - 32

Scott Sinclair - 33

Hal Robson-Kanu - 33

Callum McManaman - 31

Sammy Ameobi - 30

Robert Snodgrass - 34

Anthony Pilkington - 34

Sam Winnall - 31

Gary Hooper - 34

Nick Blackman - 32

Leon Clarke - 37

Fraizer Campbell - 34

From those, there's only Vydra and Winnall that even vaguely appeal and the former isn't going to happen (wages plus no way he'd drop to League 1).

Liked Winnall when he was here but has hardly ripped up any trees since. 

In short, it's a no from me to anyone on that list.