Carabao cup third round draw

Rammy03

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Son was at uni in Liverpool, lovely city and lovely people…….

My favourite city to go out in, been many a time now. Didn't see any shell suits, still had our wheels attached, never seen a whiff of trouble.

Did get our bus bricked coming away from Goodison Park once though in the Jim Smith years.

Like any city, has it's problems, certain areas are best avoided, but for a night out there isn't many if any better.

28 minutes ago, David said:

My favourite city to go out in, been many a time now. Didn't see any shell suits, still had our wheels attached, never seen a whiff of trouble.

Did get our bus bricked coming away from Goodison Park once though in the Jim Smith years.

Like any city, has it's problems, certain areas are best avoided, but for a night out there isn't many if any better.

Yes, become very fond of the city and it's people, one of my favourite cities in the UK (probably only just pipped by Edinburgh). Was hoping my son would stay there but for a variety of reasons, mainly work-related, he has ended up living with his girlfriend in Birmingham. He saw very little trouble while he lived there for 3 years.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, become very fond of the city and it's people, one of my favourite cities in the UK (probably only just pipped by Edinburgh). Was hoping my son would stay there but for a variety of reasons, mainly work-related, he has ended up living with his girlfriend in Birmingham. He saw very little trouble while he lived there for 3 years.

Funny enough, Edinburgh is my second. Love them both, Edinburgh more touristy though for obvious reasons, but one of the easiest to navigate. Love the outdoor bar area on Princes Street.

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Reading this thread has made me realise why I always get worried when I brave an away day in London.

You can never be too sure a relative of the Richardsons or the Krays won’t do you over down there.

It's that Danny Dyer you need to be careful of, wouldn't want to bump into him down a London street at night 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Only have to look at the news last week and over the last few months , plus what happened to Andre Wisdom. A certain section of that society still living in that age. 

Crazy takes - nothing bad ever happens in Derby.

35 minutes ago, David said:

It's that Danny Dyer you need to be careful of, wouldn't want to bump into him down a London street at night 

He's about as dangerous as a dead sheep that's lost it's legs gambling, When he did all those football hooligan programmes, He was invited into the Neptune, Some lumps weren't happy that a cheeky cockney was giving it large with all the talk of "Landan" and the "gangstas" he knows.

Gonna be interesting to see how Klopp plays it to be honest as presume the champs league will be done with then.

One of the things I always liked with Mourinho was at Chelsea and Man U he’d always put out relatively strong sides in the cup matches and always spoke respectfully about Derby pre and post games. It might be the Bobby Robson influence but he always showed the right amount of respect in my opinion.

Due to timing Klopp may have his hands tied and be forced to play younger players, but I hope he can give us a similar amount of respect and make it worthwhile for all those going.

Edited by TuffLuff

1 hour ago, David said:

Funny enough, Edinburgh is my second. Love them both, Edinburgh more touristy though for obvious reasons, but one of the easiest to navigate. Love the outdoor bar area on Princes Street.

I'm sure you have but if you go down to Leith (literally a 15 minute bus ride) it becomes much less touristy and the bars are just as good, if not better than directly in the center. There is an absolutely cracking burger and cocktail bar right near my gf's place that I couldn't recommend highly enough if you're ever in the area. 

Though obvious, It's worth pointing out that what you experience as a general visitor/tourist will usually be very different to what you may have experienced as a visiting football supporter, certainly in the 1968-1990 period. Experiences stay with people, good and bad. I've had few experiences bad enough to dislike anywhere particularly, and certainly not in Liverpool, but I've come across nobheads everywhere. Good people though tend to outnumber bad people in most places.

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Though obvious, It's worth pointing out that what you experience as a general visitor/tourist will usually be very different to what you may have experienced as a visiting football supporter, certainly in the 1968-1990 period. Experiences stay with people, good and bad. I've had few experiences bad enough to dislike anywhere particularly, and certainly not in Liverpool, but I've come across nobheads everywhere. Good people though tend to outnumber bad people in most places.

The voice of reason........... why haven't you been banned?

59 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Agree 100%! I've been lucky enough to visit the fantastic city of Istanbul as a tourist....I only experienced friendliness and kindness.But having read horrendous reports of stabbings etc I wouldn't dream of traveling there as an away fan.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

I take your point, but it seems unlikely. The World Cup starts on 20th November and there's a full PL programme on the w/e of Saturday 12th too. A "Super Sunday" seems more likely than a Monday game, with such a crammed schedule. We'll see soon I guess. 

They have said 6 or 7th november mate