Matchday Thread - Fleetwood Town v Derby County (20/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

How can Peterborough be 3-0 up at half time and we've only scored 3 so far this season

Everyone fears us so defends deep and narrow. Look at the space NML has, Fozzy too when he’s playing high. Not easy to score especially on a blustery day. We’re looking good. Be nice to get Derek Dougan on a free  

Doing everything right bar scoring, much better general play than at Shrewsbury. We still need more quality and composure in the final third, it feels like we can't get the ball out of our feet at that key moment. Be gutting if we do that again in the second half and still dont score.

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

We needed a top goal scorer and we didn't sign one.

Its not Collins or mcgoldrick!

I understand we aren't allowed to sign transfers.

How many and who could we get on a free contract paying only a limited amount of wages to play in the third division?

Do we actually practice shooting drills?

It's all very well Liam knowing the technical side of the game better than most but we are missing the basics of scoring goals.

And I'm fed up of every attack coming from down the wings (as we were last season) let's get some pressure applied through the middle......we might just get some instinctive goals being taken.

I do think we are over complicating the game,esp for league 1.

Keep playing like this and goals will come, if not the floodgates will open

Keep the faith with this talented team and their brand of football, it will get results.

You’d take 1-0 in every game but we will spank someone at some point in the next few weeks.

We need a break at some point though, Fleetwood have played well but had some jammy moments in the first half, the goal is coming.

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

image.thumb.png.c02a2ab1332e0796fe6dc2b05316fc61.png

Everything is going in our favour apart from scoring goals and yes... I know this is obvious and it is so frustrating!

We have a good team. But still so much to do to achieve the results we are statistically capable of. 

We need to be careful after the break as I reckon they'll have abit of a spell of pressure and and get some set peices ect. that they could score from and if they do that will be that, a 1-0 loss. 

If we can keep the pressure on we should win, especially with Sibley and Mcgoldrick on the bench. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99