Matchday Thread - Fleetwood Town v Derby County (20/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

Could be a 4-2-3-1 with Dobbin just tucked behind Collins, or an attacking 4-4-2 with Dobbin playing just ahead of Collins in the pacy striker x target man combination.

Either way I'd expect Dobbin to play centrally much more than Barkhuizen or NML.

On 18/08/2022 at 05:16, TexasRam said:

I’d give 2 upfront ago and play Hourihane further forward with Bird in front of the back 4. 

Wildsmith

Knight         Stearman   Cashin      Roberts

Bird 

Mendez-Laing                                       Barkhuizen

Hourihane    

Collins      Dobbin 

Subs: Anang, Rooney, Forsyth, Tommo, Smith, Sibley, McGoldrick

He’s going with this isn’t he (but with Fozzy) ???

Just now, sage said:

I hope Hourihane has the legs for this 

Or 4-2-3-1 with Dobbin/Barkhuizen/NML just behind Collins? Either way you’re right about Hourihane and Bird having to put effort in as a 2 man midfield, like the attacking intent from LR. Knight could push into midfield from rb as he has been then Fozzy, Stearman and Cashin become more of a back 3. Interesting flexibility 

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Is Dobbin the goalscorer we have been looking for? Still seems like the Pick n Mix style of team selection left over from the Wazza era. We could do with a settled team before too long .COYR

It has been settled. And it hasn’t worked. It’s been a 70% possession and 1 shot kind of team. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I mean that’s just not true. 

What did he do other than miss a sitter? People need to realise if you are playing in a position with depth and you don't make an impact then you face being dropped until the replacement doesn't make an impact,  if dobbin doesn't make an impact today then give sibley a chance again , just aimlessly running with the ball then putting in a poor cross is not making an impact , needs end product which seems to our problem with others too