Matchday Thread - Mansfield Town v Derby County (09/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Just to say i live in mansfield . 

Im dreading this match as i totally think the rams will go into it not realising the amount of needle there is in mansfield towards Derby . 

Trust me the stags will play out of their skins for this one and they had a useful squad last season .This i put on record right now we will not win tomorrow night as the stags will be at the races and the rams will be playing tippy tappy im not bothered about this competition stuff . 

Stags 3  Rams 1  and god i hope im wrong . 

Clough will want a win too, so no doubt they will be drilled for it. 

I do fancy Dobbin and Sibley to both start so there will be plenty of ability in our side that have something to prove. Collins likely will have to start too - he's another one who won't be taking it easy. 

It will definitely be a competitive game, unfortunately apart from those going, it looks like it's impossible to watch the game! 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Clough will want a win too, so no doubt they will be drilled for it. 

I do fancy Dobbin and Sibley to both start so there will be plenty of ability in our side that have something to prove. Collins likely will have to start too - he's another one who won't be taking it easy. 

It will definitely be a competitive game, unfortunately apart from those going, it looks like it's impossible to watch the game! 

Reckon this is the game where dobbin will get the bit between his teeth 

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Had the same thing on the app. Didn't find a solution (just tired up the laptop) so all ears on why it's not working.

Couldn't find it on the App store (Apple) anymore, so I sent a mail asking for some info as my youngest wanted to install it.

I got an automated reply with these links...

Can I watch on my mobile browser?

You must use the official club application to watch live video on mobile. Download here:

You must use the official club application to watch live video on mobile. Download here:

Apple (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/derby-county-official-ramstv/id1254491195

Android:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incrowdsports.football.derby&hl=en_GB

.. the IOS app via the link is marked as Not Available "This app is currently not available in your country or region". But the Android version appears to be available. No idea why the IOS App is no longer out there, I've asked again, if I hear more I'll post.

As a work around my son uses Safari to listen via the DCFC web site.

Hope this helps.

I'd only go with one defensive midfielder. This team, but it could have Barks instead of Mendez-Laing. But our main players need the confidence that comes from creating chances and scoring goals, so we should field a strong attacking lineup while giving some of the defence a break.

Loach

Oduroh     Stearman     Cashin     Forsyth

Thompson

Knight          Sibley

Mendez-Laing     Collins     Dobbin

Can't see this being a favourable result. As much as I dismiss non-league Nigel, the one thing he always seems to be able to do is get teams up for cup games.

Coupled with a likely weakened team I'm already fearing the worst.

I'd go with a strong line up. I'd like us to get back to winning ways, maybe get Collins and others on the score sheet.

I'd expect

Wildsmith      

Oduroh, Stearman, Cashin, Forsyth

Smith, Bird, Thompson

Sibley, Collins, Dobbin

I'd go

Wildsmith

Knight, Davies, Cashin, Forsyth

Bird

Sibley, Hourihane

NML, Collins, Dobbin

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd only go with one defensive midfielder. This team, but it could have Barks instead of Mendez-Laing. But our main players need the confidence that comes from creating chances and scoring goals, so we should field a strong attacking lineup while giving some of the defence a break.

Loach

Oduroh     Stearman     Cashin     Forsyth

Thompson

Knight          Sibley

Mendez-Laing     Collins     Dobbin

Would be interesting to give that back 4 an outing and I don’t think Nigel would mind. Cashin would miss Curtis. The route A outlet last season to Fozzy pushing forward  was productive when faced with a press and perhaps Dobbin and Collins could capitalise. I would rest NML. Brave to go without Bird but he might be needed if a transfer is close for JK. 
I think we might see something like you suggest at the start. But that we’ll finish more as we did on Saturday. 

don’t think we’ll learn much from this but if Collins bags a brace that’s a big bonus

16 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

This will reveal my technophobia/ignorance, so sorry in advance 

but i tried to listen to the game the other day and the Derby app (I pay £5 a month for) says it doesn’t exist any more)

anyone tell me what’s going on/where it’s gone/where do I now listen to RD coverage when I’m out of the region?

cheers 

No idea about the monthly subscription I'm afraid, but i understand commentary of tonight's game is available on TalkSport 2.

16 hours ago, IslandExile said:

"spending time on the beds?"

What beds?

Flower beds?

The bedding department in Ikea?

Not getting out of bed in the morning?

I somehow managed to convince Muckerette that "Flitwick, Beds" was similar to "Bensons for Beds"!

Geography not her strongest subject!  ?

Chance to try a few players out...

Loach
Oduroh  Stearman  Cashin  Forsyth
           Knight  Smith  Sibley
    Barkhuizen  Collins  Dobbin

Give Collins and Cybulski 45mins each.

Am I bothered about the League Cup this year? Not particularly, no... I'd prefer to see us put a stronger team out in the Pizza Cup and try and get to Wembley.

2 hours ago, Igorwasking said:

I managed to listen to the game Saturday through the app - and I’m on IOS?

me too. even driving through france. maybe they are making changes to the app and have had to pull it from the store for now?