No signings in 3 weeks, "nothing imminent"

Rample

@Rample Yep, get where you're coming from but as others have said, no need to panic.  Things are happening.  Barely a month ago we were on our knees, facing oblivion, no squad, no owner blah blah.  In a few short weeks we now have a very competitive team - heck with more clinical finishing Saturday we could be top of the league. LR is pretty savvy and is not going to just bring anyone in - he's made that clear.  PL teams in particular but likely Championship too, will be hanging onto players until they're sure of their own deals before finally agreeing to releasing certain players on loan.  I'm confident we'll be seeing 3+ more faces before the window is out. 

Squad is short in a couple of areas. We need some depth. Another right back is essential, another keeper, another wide player and if we’re being greedy another centre forward. But with the exception of the keeper and maybe the right back think we can address with loans. With the squad turnover and starting preseason two weeks after everyone else we were always going to start slow. I’m actually surprised at just how on the pace we are considering all of the above and that makes me hopeful that by late September early October we’ll hit our straps and be a real force in the division.

Seen the stat on Twitter that Collins has had more shots than any other player in the league in first 2 games, all inside the box, he’s already had one cleared off the line and hit the post. Works his socks off. It took Steve Howard 8 games to score, Collins will get 20+, I have every confidence based on what he’s done so far.

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Squad is short in a couple of areas. We need some depth. Another right back is essential, another keeper, another wide player and if we’re being greedy another centre forward. But with the exception of the keeper and maybe the right back think we can address with loans. With the squad turnover and starting preseason two weeks after everyone else we were always going to start slow. I’m actually surprised at just how on the pace we are considering all of the above and that makes me hopeful that by late September early October we’ll hit our straps and be a real force in the division.

Seen the stat on Twitter that Collins has had more shots than any other player in the league in first 2 games, all inside the box, he’s already had one cleared off the line and hit the post. Works his socks off. It took Steve Howard 8 games to score, Collins will get 20+, I have every confidence based on what he’s done so far.

Agreed. People writing him off already and it’s a joke. Same with DG and he hasn’t even played a competitive game for us yet 

With no fees allowed, I'd be surprised if there were any more permanent signings for the first team this window, with incomings now being the loans that Rosenior has openly said he will be patient for and not rush into. New signings now may be more in the U21 bracket and a few of them may sneak into the first team before the end of the season. May not see much in January either apart from loans again.

I'm completely fine with this, after the last year a load of us reasonably expected a slow rebuild, sure some signings have really gotten us excited but still another summer window may be needed to assemble the squad that can go the whole season, as this one is still thin. It'll give us a chance to have a proper close season with plans and funding in place for, to expand and develop the squad to compete at the right end. Tempering that expectation, although I must admit it's great to have that kind of discussion back.

We will get there, L1 is hard, but we have a good core of 14-15 players at this level, amazing given we started with 5. If we go up this season, it will be a truly great achievement, I'll enjoy the ride either way. A ride a few months back I feared I'd never see again.

I don't think we need a massive overly bloated sqaud with many more additions. I'd much rather a smaller squad which is more tightly knit. 

On new additions a new right back is a must and maybe another attacking option would be nice. If something happens to Wildsmith we may need another GK, but after that I feel we are sorted.