Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed for Fatih Karagümrük

Animal is a Ram

No surprise after signing Barkuizen, McGoldrick and Collins - we’re sorted up front now without him. It’s a shame we couldn’t afford to keep him though, because he’s such a brilliant character, and his physical “bullying” style would have suited League One perfectly. Even at his age, he’d still be a brilliant asset to have at that level.

Ultimately a signing that will probably be remembered as a real sign of desperation at first, but then a shining light through the clubs darkest days. Good luck Colin.

Not often I’ve had a player name on the back of my shirt, only other time was Rob Hulse when he signed and I was convinced we’d bounce back to the premier league at first time of asking.

Kazim it was during lockdown, he was an inspiration in a dark time. He got that injury against Peterborough early season and I thought that was it I’d never watch him live in a Rams shirt but he bounced back and got to see him score against the Baggies at Christmas. 

He symbolised and epitomised last season, the fight to the end. When he was fit he led the charge. What a man!! Really sad he’s gone but he will forever be a cult hero and glad I have his name on my shirt to remember for years to come.

So long King Kazim!! ?

Ouch! A bit of a slap in the face for Wayne and Liam though. No mention of them. Instead taking the plaudits for last season's performances himself  and other players "we created that mentality between us players".

Interesting comments.

Edited by therealhantsram

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Ouch! A bit of a slap in the face for Wayne and Liam though. No mention of them. Instead taking the plaudits for last season's performances himself "we created that mentality between us players".

Interesting comments.

I didn’t interpret it like that. He mentioned by name all the unsung heroes - so not a dig at Liam & Wayne but a man who wanted to laud the people other than the obvious ones. 

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Ouch! A bit of a slap in the face for Wayne and Liam though. No mention of them. Instead taking the plaudits for last season's performances himself  and other players "we created that mentality between us players".

Interesting comments.

Hmm I think you might be reading into that too much

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Interesting comments.

That's a very odd take from the comments he made. He literally went out of his way to praise the people who don't ordinarily receive accolades, but are just as important. 

He was placing the praise for last seasons performance across the dressing room,  not heaping it on his own shoulders.

Could not believe some of the comments made towards him when he first joined, and he hadn't even kicked a ball for us.......proved alot of people wrong, and although he was only here for two seasons, had injuries and wasn't prolific.....he contributed much more and got into the hearts of us all.....I wish him all the best and he will long live in my memory.....King Colin....I salute you???

Edited by BriggRam

Just read his goodbye message in full. What a guy. Going out of his way to thank basically everyone at the club. He really is such a genuinely good guy and a top pro. The sort of footballer young players should aspire to emulate. The fact he was only at the club for a short period, and has had so many teams before, but took Derby County into his heart the way he did shows the type of man he is. Thank you Colin.