Liam Rosenior

2 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Most of those managers have had periods where they have had far worse results than LR and have ended in with them getting sacked.  Don't really understand why you would be happy to disregard all of McCarthy's poor runs when youre not prepared to do the same for LR, whose bad run is effectively just two games.

I’m not saying LR should go. But I’d be taking a very close look at him over the next 4 matches if I were DC. Anything less than 6 points is a bit of a bad job.

Liams latest interview has left me with mixed feelings.  On the reassuring side, he sees that teams work us out and out run us. He hints at some modification but is clearly not going to deviate from the style. However, he never acknowledges that he has made mistakes in selection. Being kind to him, it would perhaps be foolish to signal changes so obviously on the eve if a game. I worry that he is overly reassured by the stats and like everyone else, i worry that the idea of possession based football is something he is far too committed to and creates a fatal blind spot.  Curtis was outspoken about Cocu-ball, let's hope he's speaks honestly about Rosie-ball now rather than after another demoralising  lesson for the club. Intruiging game coming up.

I'm heartened Rosenior says we're not taking enough risks.

I'm horrified he says things are OK because our Expected Goals (xG) stats look fine.

I'm perplexed he says we need more energy in the team.

A forward-thinking midfield duo of Knight and Sibley solves all his problems. Why doesn't he see it?

46 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm heartened Rosenior says we're not taking enough risks.

I'm horrified he says things are OK because our Expected Goals (xG) stats look fine.

I'm perplexed he says we need more energy in the team.

A forward-thinking midfield duo of Knight and Sibley solves all his problems. Why doesn't he see it?

Sibley was humiliated by Wayne in public whatever happened behind the scenes no idea, but my view Liam has bought into the negativity of Sibley, having been Waynes no 2 at the time, sadly i hope Sibley moves on for his career, and Knight could also follow, afraid Liam's man management and getting the best out of the players is falling short, he appears too nice, not ruthless enough. ( clueless will wait for a few more weeks )

10 hours ago, SirBrian said:

Sibley was humiliated by Wayne in public whatever happened behind the scenes no idea, but my view Liam has bought into the negativity of Sibley, having been Waynes no 2 at the time, sadly i hope Sibley moves on for his career, and Knight could also follow, afraid Liam's man management and getting the best out of the players is falling short, he appears too nice, not ruthless enough. ( clueless will wait for a few more weeks )

On Tuesday, Sibley played exactly where everyone has been demanding that he be played. 

We created enough chances to win two games on Tuesday. Two narrow offside decisions, three "saves" that the keeper knew nothing about, a brilliant goal-line clearance, and a back post header from NML that he misdirected, just off the top of my head. Where we we were truly poor was in chasing the game at 0-2 when we tried to "go long" and lost our shape and composure. 

One of Hourihane or Bird needs benching. Knight needs to come into midfield and we need to move the ball quicker in order to break the lines. Even playing poorly, we're not far away from making it work. 

10 hours ago, SirBrian said:

I hope that’s not a derogatory term for Mr. Clowes.

The same Mr. Clowes that saved our club from the brink of non existence!

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I hope that’s not a derogatory term for Mr. Clowes.

The same Mr. Clowes that saved our club from the brink of non existence!

Talking about the manager which was OBVIOUS, please do not try and twist the facts of the statement.

David Clowes saved our club, and will take us forward again.

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Talking about the manager which was OBVIOUS, please do not try and twist the facts of the statement.

David Clowes saved our club, and will take us forward again.

love the fact that certain fans can write Rosenior off after 8 games but be confident that David Clowes can take the club forward , ffs we are not out of September yet , give everyone at the club time to get things organised , the time for sackings is not now

10 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

love the fact that certain fans can write Rosenior off after 8 games but be confident that David Clowes can take the club forward , ffs we are not out of September yet , give everyone at the club time to get things organised , the time for sackings is not now

Wouldn't be a sacking though,he's already a member of the coaching staff who in charge on an interim basis.

If we replace him,he still gets paid,as was wassell when he did the same job temporarily.

He's being given a chance but it's not set in stone that he is getting the job....a prudent and wise decision by clowes i.m.o,Mel would have given him a three year contract after 3 games and then paid him compensation next week when he sacked him.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Would you be "horrified" if he said: 

"We're creating really good chances but our finishing has been poor" ?

But that's not true. The point is we only create poor chances. "Expected goals" is a very dubious, subjective statistic, but even if we were to assume is has a degree of accuracy, when you divide our expected goals by our number of goal attempts you see why we do not score. If most chances have only a 5-10% probability of finding the net, it's the quality of the chance that's at issue, and not the quality of our finishing. We are not set up to create good chances. That's why we've only scored in 16 of the last 36 away league games. And then only 19 goals in total in all of those matches. Liam has to wake up and smell the coffee. Those are extraordinary stats, and not in a good way. There is something systematically wrong with how he wants us to play.

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

On Tuesday, Sibley played exactly where everyone has been demanding that he be played. 

We created enough chances to win two games on Tuesday. Two narrow offside decisions, three "saves" that the keeper knew nothing about, a brilliant goal-line clearance, and a back post header from NML that he misdirected, just off the top of my head. Where we we were truly poor was in chasing the game at 0-2 when we tried to "go long" and lost our shape and composure. 

One of Hourihane or Bird needs benching. Knight needs to come into midfield and we need to move the ball quicker in order to break the lines. Even playing poorly, we're not far away from making it work. 

Offsides aren’t chances they are bad play 

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Not a question of writing Liam off, you have to ask the questions why Knight is RB possibly our best midfield player you all say that our midfield is over run, yet the player is playing RB with all the energy that he has, surely another player could play RB rather than Knight.

Sibley was only playing his cameo role at the start of the season, then had 2/3 starts and on here you classed him playing very well in those games, so what did Liam do drop him, in your languge ffs WHY.

Said earlier Liam appears to be a nice man, but is he ruthless enough and on the evidence so far not so, with 3 wins from 36 away from home, remember he had imput in those games with Rooney, so he has a lot to prove, so why does he not change the system, for the one he is using is not working.