Recruitment, make do and mend!

RoyMac5

"It wasn't me who scouted him (Oduroh), but somebody at the club I had mentioned in my pre-match press conference last week," he said. "We don't have a recruitment team at the moment. Every club has around 10 to 15 people working in a recruitment team, but because of what has happened at the club we haven't had one.

"Pete Shuttleworth, who is the club analyst, has probably spent 24 hours a day scouring not just this country but the continent. As an analyst, has gone above and beyond to help this football club. It's the same with Jon Howard. It's a collaboration and we are all working beyond our roles but that's what this club deserves and how it has to continue moving forward."

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"It wasn't me who scouted him (Oduroh), but somebody at the club I had mentioned in my pre-match press conference last week," he said. "We don't have a recruitment team at the moment. Every club has around 10 to 15 people working in a recruitment team, but because of what has happened at the club we haven't had one.

"Pete Shuttleworth, who is the club analyst, has probably spent 24 hours a day scouring not just this country but the continent. As an analyst, has gone above and beyond to help this football club. It's the same with Jon Howard. It's a collaboration and we are all working beyond our roles but that's what this club deserves and how it has to continue moving forward."

Fantastic work

Glad we have such a great owner who empowers people unlike that boorish oaf Ashley

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I bet you a tenner Pete Shuttleworth has not spent 24 hours a day scouting this country.

For the millionth time stop exaggerating.

1 hour ago, Dai Capp said:

If our business so far is down to Pete and Jon then I'd suggest the early signs are that they've been a damn sight more effective than previous recruitment teams!

was Steve Mac's son involved in the recruitment team in the past.

We are lucky that there are so many good quality free agents, at the same time as there are so few clubs with money to invest in wages, even for free agents. 

That takes nothing away from the job that our current 'recruitment team' are doing. They obviously have a clear picture of what Rosenior is looking for and seem to be able to find players to fit that picture. Long may it continue.

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I bet you a tenner Pete Shuttleworth has not spent 24 hours a day scouting this country.

For the millionth time stop exaggerating.

Oh I don't know.

A couple of times I have gotten so carried away on Championship Manager that I've lost track of time. I've never quite played it for 24 hours, but once it could have been 18. Just imagine if you were doing it for real and getting paid for it; I could easily see it getting a bit obsessive. 

32 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

We are lucky that there are so many good quality free agents, at the same time as there are so few clubs with money to invest in wages, even for free agents. 

That takes nothing away from the job that our current 'recruitment team' are doing. They obviously have a clear picture of what Rosenior is looking for and seem to be able to find players to fit that picture. Long may it continue.

This is where I’m at…. Although we feel particularly wounded by the last two years it has driven our wages way down to a level much lower than most other clubs of our size. Champ clubs are trying to operate more frugally than past years such that our business plan limited salaries are not far off where they are with other things like location, training facilities, possible enjoyment of being top end of the league with 20,000 fans behind you vs mid table trudge with 10,000 half asleep come into play.

14 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Jon Howard (Scout 24) has been working for and alongside Derby County for many years.

Also shows the wonders of having a former professional footballer doing the recruitment, they know what's needed. Not some young lad in a job purely through relation to the owner or manager. I know a few lads who used to work with him in Worksop when he did driving instructing, very hard worker and attention to detail was to death.

For you oldies, he's a member of the FA Cup semi final team for Chesterfield, cracking tie at Old Trafford - with VAR now he would've scored and they would've won. Seen at 3.20 in the video below, I went with a old school friend - was right behind the goal here. Obvious goal for sure. 

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought we couldn't sign players from Europe after we left the EU? OR at least there was a very small amount we could sign when we were in the Championship and virtually none whilst we're in league one. Or did they not implement that points system in the end or is it different if they are free agents?

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

I thought we couldn't sign players from Europe after we left the EU? OR at least there was a very small amount we could sign when we were in the Championship and virtually none whilst we're in league one. Or did they not implement that points system in the end or is it different if they are free agents?

My understanding; for players from the EU, there is now a work visa requirement, determined on an individual case basis.  

10 hours ago, europia said:

My understanding; for players from the EU, there is now a work visa requirement, determined on an individual case basis.  

Yeh the player had to gather enough points based on certai criteria - one of which is the league of the buying club i believe. When we were in the Championship it was something like 9 players in all of Germany that we could buy. Id be very surprised if any can gather enough points for us to sign them now. Just seems a waste of time to scout contiental europe unless we're in the premier league

On 10/07/2022 at 21:02, Dai Capp said:

If our business so far is down to Pete and Jon then I'd suggest the early signs are that they've been a damn sight more effective than previous recruitment teams!

Amen to that!!They we’re crap.