Recruitment, make do and mend!

RoyMac5

On 19/11/2022 at 13:38, jimtastic56 said:

Pre- Portsmouth , Warne says he will “Shuffle the pack “ in the January window. And he loves a non- league player . Let’s hope he can produce an Ace from up his sleeve.

Does that mean he will sell players too? Have Bird and Knight been offered new deals? 

On 23/11/2022 at 15:12, Ram@Lincoln said:

The club are now advertising for a new head of performance analysis, assuming this has been vacant/interim held since that Shuttleworth chap left to join Rooney in America? If you're interested you have until the 4th December to put your application in! https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/club-vacancy-head-of-performance-analysis

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don’t know why the Rams want to waste their money on an analyst post when  all they have to do is log on here to gain a view of the game. All the club need to do is employ someone who can picked out the accurate view of the game from the hundreds of conflicting views posted on DCFCFans each match day ?????

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

I don’t know why the Rams want to waste their money on an analyst post when  they have to do is log on here to gain a view of the game. All the club need to do is employ someone who can picked out the accurate view of the game from the hundreds of conflicting views posted on DCFCFans each match day ?????

Dunno ask Rosenior, he's signed him on. Don't Hull have a forum? 

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

What’s an analyst do under Warne? “Kick it long”?

It’s more nuanced than that. 
The first team coach trains them to kick it long. 
The performance analyst feeds back on how far it was kicked. 
The fitness coach conditions them to kick it longer. 

I think I might just have completed my application for Director of Football!

Edited by ck-
Typo

1 hour ago, ck- said:

It’s more nuanced than that. 
The first team coach trains them to kick it long. 
The performance analyst feeds back on how far it was kicked. 
The fitness coach conditions them to kick it longer. 

I think I might just have completed my application for Director of Football!

A good analysis, when can you start? ?

"RCusack: Obviously there's a head of recruitment to come. Will be that done in time for January or do you think that will be down to Warne and his coaches?

Derby have identified the candidate they want and they're going through that process. Whether that is completed before January, I'm not sure. But even if it isn't, the January plans are unaffected. It'll just be left to Paul Warne and the backroom staff I would have thought But they've obviously got Jon Howard as well. I don't think bringing in a head of recruitment is the be-all and end-all for the January window. The club has been planning for a long time what they want to do when the window does finally open in the New Year..."

"Derby County have made an addition to their scouting team in former Macclesfield manager Glyn Chamberlain.

Chamberlain is a first-team scout and has a wealth of experience. He was the head of UK and international scouting at Burnley before moving to Cardiff where he became head of scouting. He then moved to Blackburn Rovers where he was the head of scouting in Europe. Latterly he has been at Crewe as a recruitment consultant. The move comes as Derby continue to go through the process of appointing their head of recruitment having identified the candidate for the position."

• 4 weeks later...

Derby County are set to appoint Oxford United’s head of recruitment Mark Thomas as their new director of football, sources have told Football Insider.

The Rams are set to raid their League One rivals to bring in the highly-regarded transfer expert in a new recruitment role at Pride Park.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-derby-county-agree-terms-with-oxford-uniteds-mark-thomas/