Recruitment, make do and mend!

RoyMac5

Paul Warne could be looking to slightly alter his recruitment strategy. At Rotherham he brought in young , athletic players that had no problem getting out of Div 1 . However they bounced straight back down from the Championship on a regular basis.(and look like doing again). A couple of class Prem loans  i.e Mount &Timori sprinkled in with our golden oldies could be the Championship formula.

52 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Paul Warne could be looking to slightly alter his recruitment strategy. At Rotherham he brought in young , athletic players that had no problem getting out of Div 1 . However they bounced straight back down from the Championship on a regular basis.(and look like doing again). A couple of class Prem loans  i.e Mount &Timori sprinkled in with our golden oldies could be the Championship formula.

Might not be as well. We don’t really know yet as he hasn’t signed anyone, but he’s said numerous times about wanting pace and athleticism. Only difference now is our pulling power is drastically better than Rotherham’s. 

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What’s stopping him passing scouting tip offs to Derby in the meantime on the QT?

I'm surprised that his club are making him serve his notice, normal business practice when an employee announces the intention to leave to go to a competitor, they're shown the door immediately.

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I'm surprised that his club are making him serve his notice, normal business practice when an employee announces the intention to leave to go to a competitor, they're shown the door immediately.

Might get him out sooner? 

We are being linked with Aden Flint , not for the first time.Born in Pinxton , Stoke City are happy to free him from his contract. Warne is fairly well off for centre half’s in their 30’s.Also Paul has said in the past “We need players in their mid 20’s”. But we could do with a couple of new faces to help us get over the line.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We are being linked with Aden Flint , not for the first time.Born in Pinxton , Stoke City are happy to free him from his contract. Warne is fairly well off for centre half’s in their 30’s.Also Paul has said in the past “We need players in their mid 20’s”. But we could do with a couple of new faces to help us get over the line.

Because of our restrictions, the only players in their 20s that we can get this month, are those players that their clubs want to get rid of, for whatever reason. Generally speaking, these aren't the kind of players we want or need.

Come the summer, a lot of good players who have refused to sign new contracts, will become available. In the long run, it'll probably be best to keep recruitment to the bare minimum this month, in order to allow PW more freedom in the summer, when these better players become available.

46 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

As per the summer, he bought his new house in the Alfreton area so will be nicely settled back into the area.

I'm very pleased the club is playing its cards very close to its chest. It's denying the tabloids and the clickbait sites anything to print so they make it up. They copy the made up stuff from each other. They regularly regurgitate the same rubbish every couple of days. IMO they are not journalists. They are chancers who have found a way to make money through advertising revenue clicks. As a business model, it works. They are helped by the one journalistic trait they do seem to have, the ability to write come and read me headlines that persuade people to click open their "articles". Personally, I avoid them like the plague.

Let's look at one of them. Football League World. From people's comments on their posts, it appears they have linked us with Shinnie. He went to Aberdeen. Linked us with 3 centre halves, Nelson from Cardiff, one from Boro and one from Pompey. PW has said no interest in either Nelson or the Boro lad but that doesn't stop them rehashing the "rumour" every 2 or 3 days under another well written headline. They have also linked us with a Pompey CH. The lad is out of contract in the summer so, under the right circumstances, one could be led to believe it a possibility. However, they are promotion rivals. The player has started just about every game this season. Does FLW really think they'll let us have him for nowt as we're not allowed to pay fees? This week they have also linked us with a Villa player. No idea which one as I didn't open the link... never do. If anybody has read the "articles" I'd be happy to learn who the players from Boro, Pompey and Villa are.

6 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I'm very pleased the club is playing its cards very close to its chest. It's denying the tabloids and the clickbait sites anything to print so they make it up. They copy the made up stuff from each other. They regularly regurgitate the same rubbish every couple of days. IMO they are not journalists. They are chancers who have found a way to make money through advertising revenue clicks. As a business model, it works. They are helped by the one journalistic trait they do seem to have, the ability to write come and read me headlines that persuade people to click open their "articles". Personally, I avoid them like the plague.

Let's look at one of them. Football League World. From people's comments on their posts, it appears they have linked us with Shinnie. He went to Aberdeen. Linked us with 3 centre halves, Nelson from Cardiff, one from Boro and one from Pompey. PW has said no interest in either Nelson or the Boro lad but that doesn't stop them rehashing the "rumour" every 2 or 3 days under another well written headline. They have also linked us with a Pompey CH. The lad is out of contract in the summer so, under the right circumstances, one could be led to believe it a possibility. However, they are promotion rivals. The player has started just about every game this season. Does FLW really think they'll let us have him for nowt as we're not allowed to pay fees? This week they have also linked us with a Villa player. No idea which one as I didn't open the link... never do. If anybody has read the "articles" I'd be happy to learn who the players from Boro, Pompey and Villa are.

Chat to Oldben he loves them