New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Little update, expect 2 announced on Saturday before Leicester game. A midfielder (McDonald?!) and an attacker (Diallo?!) hearing josh Murphy has been training today and there’s a possibility Jamal Blackman could come in, he is still training at Huddersfield however. I expect we’ll see more movement soon

Don't mean this to sound harsh. But I genuinely want to know if you do hear this or you do this for banter?

Depending on who the other CDM in is out of Stephens & McDonald, i would expect our 4x CDMs to be

1st Choice - Bird & Stephens/Smith

Back up - Smith/McDonald & Thompson

Hourihane & Knight could do a job there if needed but I think they will be more advanced.

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Depending on who the other CDM in is out of Stephens & McDonald, i would expect our 4x CDMs to be

Hourihane & Knight could do a job there if needed but I think they will be more advanced.

We also have Sibley for that number 10 role. I don't think we need any more CMs unless someone goes.

I think we are light though outwide and with full backs.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think we may be better not spending this money on two blokes who've played 20 games between them in almost 3 years and getting a centre forward with pace. 

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

We also have Sibley for that number 10 role. I don't think we need any more CMs unless someone goes.

I think we are light though outwide and with full backs.

I didnt include the 10 role, we need 4x CDMs in my opinion IF we're to play with 2. We currently have 4 but 1 is Thompson who I feel should be 4th choice & Bielik who will likely go so will be replaced.

You then have Hourihane, Knight & Sibley who can play the 10, McGoldrick could do it too.

Hourihane & Knight could do a job in CDM but would be better further forward, Sibley & Knight can do a job out wide too....versatility is essential in a small squad.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think we may be better not spending this money on two blokes who've played 20 games between them in almost 3 years and getting a centre forward with pace. 

It would be 1 or the other, not both & it would be to replace Bielik.

Agree we need a striker with pace as an option. Gives us 3 different types then with McGoldrick who likes to drop deep, Collins more of a focal point then a pacey striker to run in behind, ideal mixture/blend.

29 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Surely we won't sign a CDM in Smith and make him out first choice right back? Rosenior has already said he's looking at experience there. 

Neither Thompson or Hourihane are CDMs for me. Plus you've got Bielik there and if we're honest there's no chance he's here next season. Id imagine we want him off the wage bill sharpish. I forgot about Thompson. But not convinced he's ready yet.

A lot of it is square pegs in round holes. Sibley LW for example. He doesn't fit there. In fairness I don't know where he does fit in the system we play.

Of your CDMs one of them won't be here, one isn't a CDM and one of them was released by Dundee. 

Absolutely desperate for a right back, wingers and a striker. Stretton is nowhere near ready. The last thing we need is an injury to Collins and then having to rely on Stretton.

Although it won't make any difference who's upfront if we don't have any threat from midfield and wingers who cross the ball.

DM in a 2 is exactly where Hourihane has spent most of his career. Sheff Utd, Swansea, Villa and Barnsley. It's the only position Tommo has ever played.

There hasn't been any suggestion that anyone is willing to take Bielik off us.

I may have listed Sibley at LW, but I did also state that he, Knight, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen and a new winger would be rotated within the three positions.

51 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Little update, expect 2 announced on Saturday before Leicester game. A midfielder (McDonald?!) and an attacker (Diallo?!) hearing josh Murphy has been training today and there’s a possibility Jamal Blackman could come in, he is still training at Huddersfield however. I expect we’ll see more movement soon

Thanks Alan…I mean Big Trav……enjoy your curry ?

McDonald is a poor signing and Diallo is an under 21 signing.

Neither are going to be in the match day squad.

I would like LR to be honest over Bielik. Even without him we have Bird, Smith, Hourihane and Thompson to play centre mid spots. A fit KB starts over all them four.

Desperate for a RB, Then GK, Both wingers, a LB and a striker is about giving us better than what we have.

I do really like the look of Roberts though for LB.

Buchanan got out his contract and had a move already lined up, but Byrne who is the wrong side of 30 has gambled on getting another contract elsewhere, so far without success. I wonder if he's now questioning his or his agent's decision making?

He would be the ideal player for us, but I don't think that it would work now, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

Buchanan got out his contract and had a move already lined up, but Byrne who is the wrong side of 30 has gambled on getting another contract elsewhere, so far without success. I wonder if he's now questioning his or his agent's decision making?

He would be the ideal player for us, but I don't think that it would work now, unfortunately.

I was wondering that, even if he pitched up somewhere today, he isn't going to be ready for the start of the season. This sort of thing could drag, then add on the time for a full back over 30 to get up to speed for (I assume) the championship.... 

From a purely nuteral football point of view, I would be a shame if he come out of this at a new team, struggles to get up to pace and cement a starting position (how many sides will still be looking for a starting RB in a weeks time?) and never gets back to the level he was with us last year 

15 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Surely we won't sign a CDM in Smith and make him out first choice right back? Rosenior has already said he's looking at experience there. 

Neither Thompson or Hourihane are CDMs for me. Plus you've got Bielik there and if we're honest there's no chance he's here next season. Id imagine we want him off the wage bill sharpish. I forgot about Thompson. But not convinced he's ready yet.

A lot of it is square pegs in round holes. Sibley LW for example. He doesn't fit there. In fairness I don't know where he does fit in the system we play.

Of your CDMs one of them won't be here, one isn't a CDM and one of them was released by Dundee. 

Absolutely desperate for a right back, wingers and a striker. Stretton is nowhere near ready. The last thing we need is an injury to Collins and then having to rely on Stretton.

Although it won't make any difference who's upfront if we don't have any threat from midfield and wingers who cross the ball.

You say there's no chance Bielik will be here next season but who is going to take him when he is injured?

Heard Scott Sinclair is on trial with us. Not from a source I know is itk so don’t shoot the messenger, but haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else so a bit of a random one. Not the guy who told me McDonald was on trial, but who knows, they did randomly know Ryan Glover was here about a week before everyone else, so maybe they do know something…

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Heard Scott Sinclair is on trial with us. Not from a source I know is itk so don’t shoot the messenger, but haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else so a bit of a random one. Not the guy who told me McDonald was on trial, but who knows, they did randomly know Ryan Glover was here about a week before everyone else, so maybe they do know something…

The Sinclair rumour was on Twitter earlier but not from a normal source