New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, alram said:

it's okay laughing at that but why have we beaten boro? i certainly hope its because hes a local lad and doesnt want to move. and not down to us offering more money, if its the latter we have learnt nothing.

Give it a rest. We can't offer stupid wages or long contracts. You know this. 

It will be because he is local and doesn't want to move. Especially to a sh*t hole in the arse end of nowhere.  And the fact he is guaranteed playing time. 

Edited by Norman

7 minutes ago, alram said:

it's okay laughing at that but why have we beaten boro? i certainly hope its because hes a local lad and doesnt want to move. and not down to us offering more money, if its the latter we have learnt nothing.

Perhaps he has an aversion to smog, poverty, Pube-headed b*lends or any combination of the above….? ?‍♂️ 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/23-year-olds-stance-on-sheffield-wednesday-emerges-as-six-figure-bid-revealed/amp/

Hull City forward Mallik Wilks is open to a move to a League One side.

This could be a good move for all parties – because Wilks proved himself to be a real asset during the 2020/21 campaign in the third tier and could be a great addition to the forward department following Michael Smith’s arrival.

Smith will be a real asset alongside Lee Gregory if the duo start together, though Wilks could also be in the starting lineup if he can prove his worth at Hillsborough, with this deal well worth pursuing.

£200,000 is a very small fee for a forward that proved to the so influential to the Tigers’ promotion-winning 2020/21 season, so it’s no real surprise that bid has been knocked back by officials in East Yorkshire.

However, if he’s available for even double that, it’s still a bargain agreement if Derby can get this deal over the line without the risk of breaching the EFL’s profitability and sustainability rules.

From Hull’s point of view, they will want to see him depart in their quest to bring in new faces so this sustained interest is good for all parties.

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/23-year-olds-stance-on-sheffield-wednesday-emerges-as-six-figure-bid-revealed/amp/

Hull City forward Mallik Wilks is open to a move to a League One side.

This could be a good move for all parties – because Wilks proved himself to be a real asset during the 2020/21 campaign in the third tier and could be a great addition to the forward department following Michael Smith’s arrival.

Smith will be a real asset alongside Lee Gregory if the duo start together, though Wilks could also be in the starting lineup if he can prove his worth at Hillsborough, with this deal well worth pursuing.

£200,000 is a very small fee for a forward that proved to the so influential to the Tigers’ promotion-winning 2020/21 season, so it’s no real surprise that bid has been knocked back by officials in East Yorkshire.

However, if he’s available for even double that, it’s still a bargain agreement if Derby can get this deal over the line without the risk of breaching the EFL’s profitability and sustainability rules.

From Hull’s point of view, they will want to see him depart in their quest to bring in new faces so this sustained interest is good for all parties.

The actual article doesn't even mention Derby. Not sure why you've posted this?

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Davies and Chester had a couple of years together at Hull so they should know each others game.  That's a start. Stearman can play right back so could be useful if Byrne goes.

I dont fancy stearman at rb… hed get toasted if left on a one in one with space in behind 

3 hours ago, Hanny said:

I am here for all the Davis/Stearman love. But a wee bit of caution (realistic expectation) should be exercised. 

Davis will be 37, and Stearman 35 during this next season. At some point legs/backs/etc simply give out. 

As much as a warrior Davis has proven to be, he surely can’t be expected to suit up for the full dance card this year. 

My guess is Derby will likely add more Center half’s than many would like to see…prompting some to think a three at the back. When it’s more likely a hedge for the likelihood more then one or two of our older lads will be needing more breaks. 

It's a good question. The rhythm of L1 is different to the championship. Although there's the same number of league games, you don't get international breaks in L1. 

That means no weeks off. But conversely should be fewer weeks where we have to play sat Tues sat.... 

I don't know whether that's better or worse for older players ?

14 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Surely we are working to an agreed financial plan agreed with the EFL. 

i certainly hope so.

everytime i suggest something i get shouted down. i just want clarity, because if we genuinely have offered more money than boro then questions need to be asked.

2 minutes ago, alram said:

i certainly hope so.

everytime i suggest something i get shouted down. i just want clarity, because if we genuinely have offered more money than boro then questions need to be asked.

Probably a 2 yr deal spread at a slightly higher rate than a 1 yr Boro deal . If they offer 2 late on, no doubt he'll go their.  Players do this last minute s*** all the time as we know.  Plus he'd have to spend time in Middlesbrough.

1 minute ago, alram said:

i certainly hope so.

We clearly are working to an agreed plan (aren’t all transfers subject to EFL consent?). Maybe Boro just didn’t offer enough but I agree with others posters and reasons he may prefer Derby is because of location and likely playing time. I really think you’re worrying unnecessary and looking for issues that aren’t there. If you’re looking for clarity on how much Derby and Boro offered then I’m afraid you’re going to be disappointed.

13 minutes ago, whestonram said:

The actual article doesn't even mention Derby. Not sure why you've posted this?

Easy to answer, I don't want a 34 year old striker who rarely scores goals, Davis mcgoldrick.

Malik Haa a good scoring record, and if he does well for Derby, a resale value.

Screenshot_20220705-193426_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Probably a 2 yr deal spread at a slightly higher rate than a 1 yr Boro deal . If they offer 2 late on, no doubt he'll go their.  Players do this last minute s*** all the time as we know.  Plus he'd have to spend time in Middlesbrough.

The other possibility is boro became aware of some kind of issue (who knows, old injury likely to come back at any time, personal problems, attitude problems) or, boro think one of their other potential deals looks a better bet right now.

40 minutes ago, alram said:

You do know we are still under a strict business plan don't you?, so how can we offer more money than Boro???.

Have a day off will ya.

30 minutes ago, alram said:

i certainly hope so.

We're under a transfer embargo which means we can't sign anyone without EFL approval. EFL will see the contract and know exactly what our budget is and will likely of set a wage  limit as per Wigan and Bolton.

Clowes will of provided proof that he can cover the budget.

So, the signings are within a budget we can afford. Apart from its the only thing you seem to post  so obviously keeps you occupied, I don't see why you keep asking the same question when we give you the same answer.

Edited by Gladram
Typo

54 minutes ago, alram said:

Extract from EFL Statement 

As part of the conditions of continuing membership in the EFL, the Club, whilst remaining under a registration embargo, will be permitted to sign new players in accordance with the terms of a business plan.

The plan, which has been jointly agreed by the new ownership and the EFL, includes restrictions in respect of transfers fees, player wages and agents’ fees. Any application to register players must comply with the terms of those agreed plans.