New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sure it was him against Barnsley .  Must have had two getting injured taking penalties at 25 k a week.  Where did the money go ?

Can't remember Huddlestone doing it too but you may be right. Bent definitely tore his hamstring off the bone taking a penalty in a pre season friendly though  ?

Edited by Carnero

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You don’t think Curtis will sign then ?

I do, but that's the squad as it stands. I forgot about Sibley so we have 12 players but that's how we could line up. There's more to come I'm sure, I was just saying it's a great start that we can field a competitive 11

Even without Hourihane (if he is in talks with 'uddersfield):

Wildsmith
  Byrne  Davies  Cashin  Buchanan
                Bird  Johnson
Barkhuizen  Knight  Mendez-Laing
                    NEW CF

I'm feeling a lot more positive about the start of the new season now! COYFR! ?

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Even without Hourihane (if he is in talks with 'uddersfield):

Wildsmith
  Byrne  Davies  Cashin  Buchanan
                Bird  Johnson
Barkhuizen  Knight  Mendez-Laing
                    NEW CF

I'm feeling a lot more positive about the start of the new season now! COYFR! ?

Cant see Knight staying personally, id like to see Sibley given a chance if he is to leave could be his breakout season.

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Can't remember Huddlestone doing it too but you may be right. Bent definitely tore his hamstring off the bone taking a penalty in a pre season friendly though  ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2020/01/huddlestone-pleased-to-make-return-from-injury&ved=2ahUKEwiJgtbOktv4AhXKRcAKHYRKD4wQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1foVcis23VmtWV4Zmx5iIw

57 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Looks as if I'm in the minority, but I'd be very disappointed if Johnson re-signs. Never rated him. The worst technique of any player in the squad, which at times cost us dearly. And I suggest "Derby City" was unforgivable. Not for me. I don't understand this weird fixation with bringing players back - Shinnie would be madness too. Move on, please.

Im with u, was never a fan.

came to us as a wide left… really have no idea how.

no pace, couldnt cross, passing was iffy.

Through desperation for some sort of return on him we through him into the middle where he was at best 1 good game in 5, 2 average, 2 crap.

not a fan 3-4 years ago and i doubt hes gained any more mobility since.

Could head an kick but now i wager even in league 1 theres younger fitter and hungrier for that destroyer role

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

If you dont give the ball away, have a first touch most people dream of,  and have had a premier league football brain since you were 16, then you’re excused the odd oil tanker moment 

True. 

But when your passing ability is hyped beyond its useablility in 99% of modern teams and you're a complete liability in every other aspect its probably a  better idea to retire with your self respect intact than to carry on. 

Huddlestone was done as far back as the time we trampled him under Wassall. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

When did his technique cost us?  

Numerous times the ball would bounce away from Johnson to an opponent and it would lead to a goal. Inability to control a football is surely a problem, even in League One. We have some great youngsters who can play midfield in Sibbo, Knight, Bird and Thommo, not even counting Bielik. Even if Bielik and Knight go, I would prefer all of the other three by a country mile rather than have Johnson come in and not allow one of those lads a game. If we're trying to continue in Rooney's image, this team should be about technique and comfort on the ball. It was the wrong decision to buy Johnson before, simply because "he was available", when his method of play didn't fit at all with the team ethos. All these on let's not compound the mistake.