New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Would be a great shout if we were going to go with someone completely new.

Still the only manager to win a World Cup (at any age group) with England other than Sir Alf (conveniently forgetting the guy currently managing F*rest who did it with the U17s too ?).

knows young talent, will have contacts (at a level that may benefit us) and did miracles within a short space of time at Carlisle

Edited by GrimsbyRam

We have to offer Rosenior first refusal, he might not be the right long term option, however given the timing of all this we are left with little choice.

There will be a list of targets which he will have been involved with the discussion, likewise renewals with those that are expiring, a plan going forward and we have to stick to that as much as we can.

We don’t have the time to create a new owner vision for the future and conduct a thorough interview process.

Bring players in, give us a squad to compete and use this season to get appointments behind the scenes right and review the first team management next summer.

Oh and please, please please no Nigel Clough, it’s been a rough year as it is, a return of Nigel would destroy the remaining bits of my soul right now. Thankfully he hasn’t spoken that fondly of his time at Derby, I hope that grudge he has is as strong as ever. 

30 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

It's obvious who should be appointed.. Darren Ferguson... uncompromising....tough takes no prisoners and a brilliant track record getting promotion from league one with no money.Anyone who disagrees.give us your reasons.

Might get you promoted to the championship.  Will definitely get you relegated from there.

Whoever it ends up being, whether we go with Rosenior, or we go with someone else young & fresh like Jody Morris, experienced like Mowbray/Warnock, a big name with experience like Roy Keane or a big name with no experience like John Terry....as a fan base we have shown what unity we can have behind the team and management already so we need to back whoever comes in whether we like them or their previous style of play, we need to give them all our support and more importantly a chance to rebuild our club.

53 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

It's obvious who should be appointed.. Darren Ferguson... uncompromising....tough takes no prisoners and a brilliant track record getting promotion from league one with no money.Anyone who disagrees.give us your reasons.

The man is an absolute ??

My wife was a waitress in a pub local to him and he was frequently one of the most arrogant, rude, condescending and demanding customers she has ever encountered.

A proper "Do you know who I am?" attitude and I simply do not think he'd be a good fit in terms of managerial ability or cultural fit.

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

A tad passive aggressive 

Please just nobody learning on the job with no practical experience of management.

The last thing we can afford next season (other than a manager currently with a club, or with the prestige/wage demands of Dyche), is to have someone in charge making costly, naive tactical decisions week in week out. They'd be eaten alive.

...but that could well be the best we can get 

Rosenoir, held in high regard and if Blackpool thought he was the right man then he must have something about him. Rather than pay a named manager a big wage i'd rather give Rosenoir a chance and spend it on player wages getting the right lads in. Maybe he could bring in an experienced first team coach to work with him.

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

Done well with Peterborough but that’s it  really,he was dreadful at Preston,managed to limp a very good Doncaster side out of league 2 and then finished 15th the season after 

11 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Done well with Peterborough but that’s it  really,he was dreadful at Preston,managed to limp a very good Doncaster side out of league 2 and then finished 15th the season after 

I think it's mainly that he benefited from the structure in place at Peterborough, was provided with the right players to play a certain style designed to maximise income on sales of players like Assombalonga, Marriott & Toney  

Of course he still had to be capable of implementing that style, but he wasn't choosing the players. 

We have no such structure in place, obviously.