Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

14 hours ago, SparxTheRam said:

I think it's fairly nailed on now that Rooney was heavily involved with Kirchner and having Cook and Stretford as part of the team, pretty devastated as I really thought he would lead us back up and had started to play good football.

That being said, it really is a clean slate now, suspect that may well be why Rosenior needed to talk to him before going to Blackpool, fully expect him to be new manager with maybe Curtis as assistant? 

I know we will still be a relatively big fish in L1 but that surely will lessen our chances of attracting a higher calibre of players.

I’m sort of glad about that because surely down the line if Rooney had an absolute nightmare he would be unsackable with his agent involved  it would have been a massive conflict of interest 

I have massive respect for how Rooney has handled himself through this difficult time and the way he galvanised the spirit between Club, Players and fans.

But I can't help feeling there is more to this story. Maybe it will come out in time.

In the meantime, with regards to who is next. Rosenior makes massive sense for continuity of last season's work and the work that will have been done in building a squad.

My only doubt is Rooney's statement about it needing someone with fresh energy and unaffected by last season's difficulties.

Is Rosenior unaffected?

I fully expected Wayne to turn our fortunes around, persuade many to stay on and bring in players we should not expect to come here. It got better when Liam Rosenior appeared to have been persuaded to stay and be part of this rebuild. Now, we can't even appoint a new manager. Whenever I read anti-Kirchner comments I thought it might have repercussions.

14 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

I have massive respect for how Rooney has handled himself through this difficult time and the way he galvanised the spirit between Club, Players and fans.

But I can't help feeling there is more to this story. Maybe it will come out in time.

In the meantime, with regards to who is next. Rosenior makes massive sense for continuity of last season's work and the work that will have been done in building a squad.

My only doubt is Rooney's statement about it needing someone with fresh energy and unaffected by last season's difficulties.

Is Rosenior unaffected?

I wonder whether Rooney had a deal with Kirchner which involved his personal investment?

Certainly, he made no secret he would stay if CK got the deal. I suspect he always planned to go if he didn’t, but didn’t want his departure to deter any potential investors.

Once he was satisfied the club could be saved, he made his intentions clear.

Not ideal to be without a manager, without an owner and without a team but hey, we are Derby County and we don’t give a fwuck.

having had time to think about this i am not bothered at all by him leaving.

we need a fresh start. he was on lots of money and would be costly with failure (not only him but players). the players werent going to stay anyway, dont think that they were all signing on the dotted line because rooney was there.

draw a line in the sand, this is our structure, we will not break it. no more celebs on big money.

Edited by alram

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I wonder whether Rooney had a deal with Kirchner which involved his personal investment?

Certainly, he made no secret he would stay if CK got the deal. I suspect he always planned to go if he didn’t, but didn’t want his departure to deter any potential investors.

Once he was satisfied the club could be saved, he made his intentions clear.

Not ideal to be without a manager, without an owner and without a team but hey, we are Derby County and we don’t give a fwuck.

to be honest the whole thing stunk.

a manager shouldnt be endorsing a buyer of the club, if the admins were hoodwinked by rooney they want sacking on the spot. i dont think they were, but a manager shouldnt have a say in whos buying the club especially when his agent is on the board.

I just think he came back after his hols to be told by the administrators that he couldn't sign any players as we're still in administration and all his plans and hard work talking to players over the summer were blown away in that moment. 

He probably decided there and then he didn't need another season of that sort of s*** and quit on the spot. 

I don't blame him and all this talk of Dyche and tried and trusted League One managers is all just the same. Who is going to come here under the circumstances? 

Some of you need a reality check. 

14 hours ago, angieram said:

If Wayne Rooney didn't fancy starting another season with no money, no players, no owner, who can blame him? I admire absolutely everything he has done for our club and we'll be a poorer place without his presence.  Hope he acheives great things wherever he goes next.

Maybe he didn't fancy all that crap when also told a massive pay cut was coming.Who can blame him.?

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't blame him and all this talk of Dyche and tried and trusted League One managers is all just the same. Who is going to come here under the circumstances? 

100%, I’d be fairly excited to see how Rosenior gets on. No idea if it’d be a success but he’s been around the club, talks very well about the game and is something different from the usual lower league suspects i guess

10 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Maybe he didn't fancy all that crap when also told a massive pay cut was coming.Who can blame him.?

How can he have a massive paycut, he has a year left on his current deal.

Are we assuming he's just walked away with no further money due him?

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

I just think he came back after his hols to be told by the administrators that he couldn't sign any players as we're still in administration and all his plans and hard work talking to players over the summer were blown away in that moment. 

He probably decided there and then he didn't need another season of that sort of s*** and quit on the spot. 

All you say may well turn out to be true,however for me something as happened in the background that WR does not like,one minute we have a potential new owner who buys the ground and things look like we may be turning a corner then within hours WR resigns

Having slept on it, this whole debacle has come about because Q have ?ed  the whole process up.

Rooney did exceptionally well in my opinion by staying and seeing the season out. Many others would have walked once the 21 points were applied and most would have gone when we had to sell players and not replace them.

I also have come to the same conclusion as @angieram regarding the returning from holiday stance.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up, (personally think it’s gonna by Bruce getting the boot at WBA and that’s where he will end up).

It is in everyone’s best interest that this has happened, financially for us due to his wages and for his career as in my opinion he leaves with most Rams fans best wishes. 

15 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

All you say may well turn out to be true,however for me something as happened in the background that WR does not like,one minute we have a potential new owner who buys the ground and things look like we may be turning a corner then within hours WR resigns

Things have looked like they might have been turning a corner since before the start of last season when Rooney had to tell players who he'd expected to sign that he couldn't. He's had over a season of false promises. 

Morris and the administrators have a lot to answer for.

I think because he was heavily invested in Kirchner taking over the club, with his old agent being involved during negotiations, he felt his position as manager was untenable. Possibly wasn't going to have as much influence at the club as he wanted, with the new ownership not far away from completing a takeover. Good decision from all parties I think. Rooney goes with my best wishes. He'll no doubt have another Championship job in the future.

I don't agree with Eric Steele's comments stating it's a disaster though. If you have a manager who doesn't have the heart for the job anymore then we need to start fresh. Rosenior, if he takes the job which I think he will, has a good clean slate to mould a new team and bring his ideas to the table. No big egos to contend with either. Perfect opportunity for a young manager.

Worked out for Eddie Howe didn't it when Bournemouth was in a total mess at the bottom of the football league. He's done well for himself.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I find it a little odd that I have been reading posts on here for months saying surely Rooney will walk, then when he does it’s like ‘how dare he?’

Probably because the timing is odd. He could have walked at any point in the last year but he chooses to do it when the clubs future looks to be have been secured