Where were you when you heard that CK was a potless chancer?

i-Ram

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You know those important milestones in life; where were you when you heard about Diana's death, when the twin towers were hit, etc., well here is a thread in readiness so you can let everyone know where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news.  I will be in bed. I have decided I ain't getting up today until the deal is announced.

bored the sopranos GIF

I've been on the sofa since the start of May anticipating the takeover confirmation.  Bank holiday 3 since the imminent announcement has finished me off

Dodgeball-GQ-19Sep14_pr_b.jpg

I'll either be on page 9'432 of the admin thread trying to come up with an incredibly tenuous tyre kicking pun, that will be irrelevant the minute I press send on my 5'000 word post

Or

I'd have convinced myself Derby are no more and will have just that minute shelled out 200 quid on an Often Town season ticket.

1066...Battle of Hasting...Walking my dog at the bottom of Senlac Hill

1381...Peasants Revolt...Cleaning up broken glass at my hovel as Watt Tyler's mob was upset 

1415...Agincourt...Waving goodbye to my Brother on the Kent beach who was travelling to France

1483...Tower of London...Asked by French tourists what happened to the Princes in the Tower

1485...Battle of Bosworth Field...Looking after King Richard 111 horse

1536...Anne Boleyn executed...Selling gifts to the tourists

1588...Spanish Armada...Waving to my neighbour who's on a ship just off the Isle of Weight 

1603...Death of Elizabeth 1st...Being thrown out of my mums home at 8 years old for not going to work

1605...Failed Gunpowder Plot...Selling damp matches to some men 

1666...Great Fire of London...Selling dry matches to a bunch of Dutch men

1773...Boston Tea Party...Just getting off a ship to start a new life in America and hit in the face by a bail of Tea

1776...American War of Independence...I aint fighting it's not my war

1815...Battle of Waterloo...Working as a tour guide for the Prussians

1834...Chimney Sweep Act...Lost my business as I could no longer send 8 year olds up chimneys to clean them

1901...Queen Victoria Dies...Selling newspapers outside the Tower of London

1914...WW1...War breaks out still selling papers outside the Tower of London

1918...End of WW1...I'm sacked from my paper selling job for having a longer lunch break

1939...WW2...Pick up a customer in my taxi and take him to the Houses of Parliament...A fat bald headed Man

1945...End of WW2...Same bald headed man gives me the V sign as I drive past him in my taxi 

1963...JFK shot...Talking to my neighbour Christine Keeler about some MPs

1970...The milk snatcher...lost my job delivering milk to young Children at nursery's

2000...Concorde crashes...Taxi late in picking me up to go to a French hotel

2022...Had my Time machine clamped outside Derby Railway Station 

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

1066...Battle of Hasting...Walking my dog at the bottom of Senlac Hill

1381...Peasants Revolt...Cleaning up broken glass at my hovel as Watt Tyler's mob was upset 

1415...Agincourt...Waving goodbye to my Brother on the Kent beach who was travelling to France

1483...Tower of London...Asked by French tourists what happened to the Princes in the Tower

1485...Battle of Bosworth Field...Looking after King Richard 111 horse

1536...Anne Boleyn executed...Selling gifts to the tourists

1588...Spanish Armada...Waving to my neighbour who's on a ship just off the Isle of Weight 

1603...Death of Elizabeth 1st...Being thrown out of my mums home at 8 years old for not going to work

1605...Failed Gunpowder Plot...Selling damp matches to some men 

1666...Great Fire of London...Selling dry matches to a bunch of Dutch men

1773...Boston Tea Party...Just getting off a ship to start a new life in America and hit in the face by a bail of Tea

1776...American War of Independence...I aint fighting it's not my war

1815...Battle of Waterloo...Working as a tour guide for the Prussians

1834...Chimney Sweep Act...Lost my business as I could no longer send 8 year olds up chimneys to clean them

1901...Queen Victoria Dies...Selling newspapers outside the Tower of London

1914...WW1...War breaks out still selling papers outside the Tower of London

1918...End of WW1...I'm sacked from my paper selling job for having a longer lunch break

1939...WW2...Pick up a customer in my taxi and take him to the Houses of Parliament...A fat bald headed Man

1945...End of WW2...Same bald headed man gives me the V sign as I drive past him in my taxi 

1963...JFK shot...Talking to my neighbour Christine Keeler about some MPs

1970...The milk snatcher...lost my job delivering milk to young Children at nursery's

2000...Concorde crashes...Taxi late in picking me up to go to a French hotel

2022...Had my Time machine clamped outside Derby Railway Station 

1485 would suggest you were in Leicester. Was it an away game or are you just a half fan?

8 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

1485 would suggest you were in Leicester. Was it an away game or are you just a half fan?

Yes I was in Leicester, But travelled up from London as I was the head of the Stables at the time, Richard was losing the war and I was dying for a number 2, I nipped from the battle field only to hear Richard shout..."a horse a horse my kingdom for a horse", I hurried and finished my number 2 and Richard was no where to be seen, Most probably fell in a ditch some where and got covered over with dirt. 

On 06/06/2022 at 11:47, mozza said:

Working on Glenfield Hospital when Lennon was shot.

Driving past the 'sump 'ole' when Freddie died.

I was camping in Wales when Diana died.

Assessing NVQ candidates in Hessle when the twin towers were hit. 

22/11//1963 On the upper deck of TS Modwena when JFK was  assassinated.

It was on our Older brother's 16th birthday!

Edited by Brammie Steve