Aden Flint. Loves chips, joined Stoke.

Day

On 22/05/2022 at 11:54, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

He’s moved into a house just outside Alfreton so would make sense. 

Quality player and would add huge value to us in league 1 

I thought he lived in Smalley. He did a month ago

We nearly signed him when he was at Alfreton

Would be a ridiculous signing at L1 level.  

This man will have better offers else where and can still do it in the Champ. I've always liked him, proper Centre Half.

That being said he is from Pinxton, down Pit. Derbyshire lad so might want to be back closer to home. 

But there are so many other clubs I in the Midlands area that are much more attractive proposition than us that is still within an hour of Pinxton should he wish to be closer to home. Sheff Wed, Rotherham, Barnsley, Stoke etc. Not necessarily 'bigger' clubs but in a much better position and can probably offer him what he wants. 

Our contract offer will probably tell him to bring his own pack lunch to Moor Farm as there will be no canteen. 

33 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

This man will have better offers else where and can still do it in the Champ. I've always liked him, proper Centre Half.

That being said he is from Pinxton, down Pit. Derbyshire lad so might want to be back closer to home. 

But there are so many other clubs I in the Midlands area that are much more attractive proposition than us that is still within an hour of Pinxton should he wish to be closer to home. Sheff Wed, Rotherham, Barnsley, Stoke etc. Not necessarily 'bigger' clubs but in a much better position and can probably offer him what he wants. 

Our contract offer will probably tell him to bring his own pack lunch to Moor Farm as there will be no canteen. 

Rotherham - Possible, but relatively low wages and almost certain to be back in L1 for 23/24
Forest - Wouldn't be a starter even if they don't go up.
Sheff Utd - Doesn't suit the style they play
Stoke - Good fit, but they already have 100 CBs. Probably be looking for more mobile CBs this summer.
Birmingham - 90 minutes each way in clear traffic. Not the most appealing club with ownership issues either
WBA - Will be looking for better
Coventry - Doesn't suit the style they play

2 hours ago, belperram9 said:

Once the ball gets rolling with players committing their futures to Derby, we're a very attractive offer because at 32 years of age, he will want a good chance of winning something whether that be The Papa John's Trophy (prefer domino's but whatever) or a very good chance of winning the league and bouncing straight back up.

Oh, and if Wayne Rooney wants you in his team, I think you'd seriously consider it wouldn't you? 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rotherham - Possible, but relatively low wages and almost certain to be back in L1 for 23/24
Forest - Wouldn't be a starter even if they don't go up.
Sheff Utd - Doesn't suit the style they play
Stoke - Good fit, but they already have 100 CBs. Probably be looking for more mobile CBs this summer.
Birmingham - 90 minutes each way in clear traffic. Not the most appealing club with ownership issues either
WBA - Will be looking for better
Coventry - Doesn't suit the style they play

Does he suit our style of play?

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

I’ve missed these kind of posts. Don’t care if it’s true or not. Light at the end of a tunnel. Won’t be long before we’re booing players again! 

Is it only myself who is alarmed at the spelling and punktuation of the youth nowadays?

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I’ve missed these kind of posts. Don’t care if it’s true or not. Light at the end of a tunnel. Won’t be long before we’re booing players again! 

Have we started naming garbage receptacles after players who have never played for us?

Kind of torn on Flint (unless Davies leaves, in which case absolutely 100%).

If Davies is still around then is he replacing Cashin? Definitely an upgrade but would be a shame to drop down any youngsters who've performed in the championship. If we keep the bulk of this squad together, we should do well in league 1 whilst giving the youngsters game time