Aden Flint. Loves chips, joined Stoke.

Day

I think Flint would be an ideal signing, failing that I would take Jags back. I don't think we need them both with Davies and Cashin.  Hopefully we will also have Buchanan and Fozzy who can also cover if needed.

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd love to know how you've estimated a maximum revenue of £12m. To give that figure some context, that's the equivalent to no TV money (not far off being true), then halving the rest of our normal Champipmship season income.

Sponsorship deals will be worth less, along with other factors. I did a little bit of digging on League One clubs to get the figure, although it’s just dawned on me that will be impacted by COVID so I will be off. 

I’d guess it will be closer to £15m in that case. 

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sponsorship deals will be worth less, along with other factors. I did a little bit of digging on League One clubs to get the figure, although it’s just dawned on me that will be impacted by COVID so I will be off. 

I’d guess it will be closer to £15m in that case. 

£15-20m would be the reasonable range.

Sunderland for example, had a revenue of £10.7m in 20/21, just £1.2m of that being gate receipts due to the Covid impact. For us, £6m in gate receipts would be a worst case scenario, taking us to around £16m. Sunderland have traditionally been very poor on the sponsorship front, but have seen only a £0.8m drop since they were in the Championship. Rooney will continue to be a massive draw for sponsors, even in League 1.

I think Flint would’ve been an excellent signing ..he is a proper no nonsense cb and also very dangerous in the opposition box …a pity if we don’t get him as I think he would’ve been a great signing especially at league 1 level 

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£15-20m would be the reasonable range.

Sunderland for example, had a revenue of £10.7m in 20/21, just £1.2m of that being gate receipts due to the Covid impact. For us, £6m in gate receipts would be a worst case scenario, taking us to around £16m. Sunderland have traditionally been very poor on the sponsorship front, but have seen only a £0.8m drop since they were in the Championship. Rooney will continue to be a massive draw for sponsors, even in League 1.

I would hope that the wage budget for next season is set conservatively. The last thing we need is to overshoot any limits in our first season post administration. We'll then know what the actual revenue will be and can ramp up a bit more for season 2 hopefully. 

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I would hope that the wage budget for next season is set conservatively. The last thing we need is to overshoot any limits in our first season post administration. We'll then know what the actual revenue will be and can ramp up a bit more for season 2 hopefully. 

My early guesses said £12m wage bill for the whole club with about £8m of that being players. Loosely falls inline with Kirchner's comments (which lacked context) regarding wages of £8k per week

A bit of basic budgeting, a first team squad of say 22 players at an average of £8k = £9.1 million. then add in current academy costs of £5-6 million, plus under 23 players and under 18s that must be another £1 million. That's at least £16 million in football costs before other staff costs and costs of running the club and stadium.

Then add in payments to creditors due under the business plan.

Expect turnover to be £15 million if we are lucky, based on average attendance of maybe 20k. That's what CK will need to budget on.

I cant see us being able to pay an average of £8k wages, and anybody currently over that and under contract will probably have to go. I'm expecting a first team squad of 22 at an average of £5k per week. 

Don't underestimate how low we have fallen ? 

6 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

What are Flints strengths and weaknesses?

Seems a bit (without following at all) that he’s on a downward trajectory. Almost certainly worse than Davies last year?

Why are Bristol not interested in Flint?

Because Derby are a better proposition than Bristol City even a division below.

3 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

A bit of basic budgeting, a first team squad of say 22 players at an average of £8k = £9.1 million. then add in current academy costs of £5-6 million, plus under 23 players and under 18s that must be another £1 million. That's at least £16 million in football costs before other staff costs and costs of running the club and stadium.

Expect turnover to be £15 million if we are lucky, based on average attendance of maybe 20k. That's what CK will need to budget on.

I cant see us being able to pay an average of £8k wages, and anybody currently over that and under contract will probably have to go. I'm expecting a first team squad of 22 at an average of £5k per week. 

CK is going to sell Pride Park to Mel Morris to fund this season so that we can overspend by ££millions

Oh gawd, it's starting, isn't it. We're in L1 but the all-knowing naysayers are already gathering to tell us all we should be doubting the quality of any intended targets based on spurious, notional and anecdotal evidence and nothing more.

How about we break the mould this season and actually give players a chance to show us what they've got before starting to chuck shade in their direction. You know, actually 'support' the team in the same we we have done under embargo.

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

How about we break the mould this season and actually give players a chance to show us what they've got before starting to chuck shade in their direction. You know, actually 'support' the team in the same we we have done under embargo.

Where's the fun in that??

We've had a season or so of giving unwavering love and support. We need to get back to moaning, chuntering and being miserable sods.

4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

If we’re talking from a FFP point of view then academy costs aren’t included. But from a cash flow point of view it does.

I wouldn’t worry even if it was £5k, we had Jags, Davies, Forsyth and Morrison all playing on £4k last season didn’t we?

There will be plenty of players at the back end of their career that would take £4k a week to play at Pride Park in front of a decent crowd on a decent pitch where they’re going to win more than they lose.

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Oh gawd, it's starting, isn't it. We're in L1 but the all-knowing naysayers are already gathering to tell us all we should be doubting the quality of any intended targets based on spurious, notional and anecdotal evidence and nothing more.

Agree, I was so wrong about Kazim Richards, Alsopp, Stearman and Ravel Morrison. On and off the pitch they've all been much better signings than I expected.

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd love to know how you've estimated a maximum revenue of £12m. To give that figure some context, that's the equivalent to no TV money (not far off being true), then halving the rest of our normal Champipmship season income.

Sorry GOC - but our maximum income stream in published accounts was just under £30m. that is around 10-12m TV money.

I anticipate next season being something like:

£2-£4m TV Income

£7-8m Gate receipts (Don't forget to take 20% off for VAT)

£2-£3m Sponsorship Money

£2-4m Other commercial opportunities

So £13m lower end to £19m upper end.

I think CK will be subsidising to the tune of £5-£7m.

So lets say we have £20m to play with....

I think you could hope for a £10m playing budget, £4m staff budget (Thats coaches and the other 150 employees of the club) plus the associated NI payments. £1m on the ground lease.

£1.5M Policing Bill for the season

£1m on match day costs.

£2.5m on day to day bills, expenditure, etc

Already now - I'm over budget!!!

So lets say £10m playing budget. How does this break down:

10 players on £8k a week = 4.16 Million plus NI Payments = £4.6 Million

10 players on £4k a week = 2.08 Million plus NI Payments = £2.3 Million

10 players on £2k a week. (Academy players now!) = £1.04 Million plus NI Payments = £1.1 Million

10 players on £500 a week = £300k including NI.

So these 40 players are now costing us 8.3 Million - which is using 83% of my budget.

So we don't have much scope to be that flexible even on salaries. Bielik is probably on 20k a week!!

6 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Conor Mckenna Eye Roll GIF by Foil Arms and Hog FGS  another ray of sunshine on here , spouting their guesswork

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Sorry GOC - but our maximum income stream in published accounts was just under £30m. that is around 10-12m TV money.

Yes, you should be sorry. You're clearly guessing or going off memory rather than getting the facts correct. It was £8.1m in the 17/18 accounts. Some income (sponsorship) would have increased in the following periods for obvious reasons, so to state £30m is the maximum Championship income for our club is just wrong.

I anticipate next season being something like:

£2-£4m TV Income

£7-8m Gate receipts (Don't forget to take 20% off for VAT)

£2-£3m Sponsorship Money

£2-4m Other commercial opportunities

So £13m lower end to £19m upper end.

TV: £2-2.5m

Gather receipts: £6-9m

Sponsorship: £5m (don’t forget it would have increased from £5m in the Rowett season due to Lampard and then the Rooney effect, with a small drop since)

Commercial and other: £2-5m

Total: £15-21.5m

I think CK will be subsidising to the tune of £5-£7m.

So lets say we have £20m to play with....

I think you could hope for a £10m playing budget, £4m staff budget (Thats coaches and the other 150 employees of the club) plus the associated NI payments. £1m on the ground lease.

£1.5M Policing Bill for the season

£1m on match day costs.

£2.5m on day to day bills, expenditure, etc

Already now - I'm over budget!!!

So lets say £10m playing budget. How does this break down:

10 players on £8k a week = 4.16 Million plus NI Payments = £4.6 Million

10 players on £4k a week = 2.08 Million plus NI Payments = £2.3 Million

10 players on £2k a week. (Academy players now!) = £1.04 Million plus NI Payments = £1.1 Million

10 players on £500 a week = £300k including NI.

So these 40 players are now costing us 8.3 Million - which is using 83% of my budget.

So we don't have much scope to be that flexible even on salaries. Bielik is probably on 20k a week!!

Wage bill won't be far off £12m, whether you agree or not.