Aden Flint. Loves chips, joined Stoke.

Day

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes, you should be sorry. You're clearly guessing or going off memory rather than getting the facts correct. It was £8.1m in the 17/18 accounts. Some income (sponsorship) would have increased in the following periods for obvious reasons, so to state £30m is the maximum Championship income for our club is just wrong.

TV: £2-2.5m

Gather receipts: £6-9m

Sponsorship: £5m (don’t forget it would have increased from £5m in the Rowett season due to Lampard and then the Rooney effect, with a small drop since)

Commercial and other: £2-5m

Total: £15-21.5m

Wage bill won't be far off £12m, whether you agree or not.

£12m would be a very healthy budget in League One. I think the majority of clubs I’ve looked at tend to be around the £5-6m so recruit well and we should be very competitive. I know £10-12m was roughly where Wednesday, Ipswich and Sunderland were. 

Great signing if the rumours are true. In fairness, we were pretty strong defensively even last season and Flint would offer plenty in that regard. As @Electric Rampoints out though, he's also a major handful from set pieces and provides a very real aerial threat that has been absent from our amory for far too long.

I suppose much will depend on whether or not key players jump ship, but as things stand, defence and midfield look pretty tasty in the context of L1. Might we only need a couple of rapid wide players and a striker option or two to mount a serious challenge? Next week is looking huge for the club.

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Somebody said he's from Pinxton? 

He's not that bird you tried to kop off with in your youth....? ?

I never tried to cop off with a Pinxton lady. I'm not that brave