Aden Flint. Loves chips, joined Stoke.

Day

3 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

I can see this one. 

Local ish family been linked with him a few times. Would not be surprised if we went for him in the past but for one reason and another never happened. 

Will he drop his wage I fhink so. 

Ideal signing for me 

Has he got a wage going forward past June at the moment? Isn’t he a free agent?

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Has he got a wage going forward past June at the moment? Isn’t he a free agent?

Ya on a free I sure he will have offers and more then we are willing to pay so guess it down to him. 

His family never moved out of the local area, he visits quite regularly and dines out in Higham and Shirland. Like Allsop said in a interview, he joined Derby to be near home in Birmingham after being away so long. Flint may just see this as a nice return home after a decade away. 

If he signs or not it's the quality of players we are being linked with we start getting these players in when we can we are doing something right! Unlike under Mel's era we were just signing players from the same league these players are good championship players let's just keep aiming high 

If (and it's a big if) we are in a position to sign anyone before the season starts then he would be a great fit. I know some on Twitter have said that he's slow and has a mistake in him, but I think the physicality is just what we will need in L1. If (and its another big if) we get to keep Cashin, that's a reasonable pairing I reckon, with Davies an option for a back 3 as and when.

Unfortunately I think he will go somewhere else first, if (sounding like Kipling at this stage) we were out of admin, then even with a stringent business plan pre-approved by the Teeside dog botherer I reckon we'd still have a chance of getting him. But time is not on our side.

Could be some legs in this one for a change.   Bit crap, bit of a unit, probably hitting his end game at championship level as he slips down the league year on year and from down the road.  Could do a job for a team looking to cement a place after promotion though on a reasonable wage.  Didn't Sunderland go up yesterday.  That' your level of competition I'd think and they can actually offer contracts.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Can he play out from the back?

When I watched him with any kind of attention he was playing for Alfreton (a very good CB partnership alongside Kyle MacFadzean). As a side they looked rather composed on the ball that year (yes I know Conf North) they got promoted to the Conf National, although that was a few years ago. I'd like to think he's got it in him, providing he plays for a team that plays that style.