Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"What is a Credit Union?

The first credit union in Britain began trading in 1964, and over the last 50 years, credit unions have grown to provide loans and savings to more than 1.2 million people across England, Scotland and Wales.

Credit unions have a proven track record across the world. In fact, 217 million people are credit union members in 105 different countries.

A credit union is a financial co-operative which provides savings, loans and a range of services to its members. It is owned and controlled by the members.

Each member has one vote and volunteer directors are elected from the membership, by the membership.

Credit unions are owned by the people who use their services, and not by external shareholders or investors. So the emphasis is always on providing the best service to members – not maximising profits.

Membership of a credit union is based on a common bond. This can be working for a particular employer or in a particular industry, or simply living or working in a specified geographical area which could be as small as a village or as large as several local authority areas.

Credit unions come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re looking for a credit union with online and phone banking, a payroll partnership with your employer, a local branch or service point you can walk into – or a combination of all three – there’s a good chance you’ll find the credit union you’re looking for to meet your needs."

As I said I was surprised by the APR they were charging. The profits from their services go to its members, some of them with links to RamsTrust was the suggestion?

Yeah, me too - I've had a chat to a couple of friends today (I spent my 25 year working life in financial services), they are very surprised by this rate. A bit of research showed up a couple of things - "The maximum any credit union will ever charge for a smaller loan is 3% per month on the reducing balance, which works out as 42.6% APR.", that's a coincidence ? and "Of course, the vast majority of credit union loans are made well below the maximum interest rate. A Government-commissioned study in 2013 found that credit unions offer the best value to consumers on loans up to £2,000, and some credit unions will charge interest rates of 5% APR or even less for larger loans of over £5,000." Fundamentally, this particular credit union appears to be exponentially favouring the lenders (savers) which is, to say the least, concerning.

Source - https://www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk/about-credit-unions/

30 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Jim Wheeler on Radio Derby hardly covered himself in glory. He largely stuck to his guns despite regretting posting the link, which is hard to rationalise.

Poor advice for a small, marginalised group of fans, which they may come to regret

A mouthpiece for a redundant organisation that presumes to speak on behalf of all Derby fans without the support to do so.

10 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

JW had to apologise (eventually) on-air; he said it was a 'board decision' to post that tweet, so they must have taken a vote. Hence, all the board are culpable and IMHO must have considered it an oppo to promote their pals at the Credit Union.

Credibility shot to feck. 

Did they have any to begin with?

Time they got significant change at the top or folded. Don’t know who they’re serving but themselves. 

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Strictly speaking, no.

The ST seats are still only being reserved until 29th.  From the 30th, they will be available to buy... be that from the 21/22 STH concerned or Joe Public... on a first come first served basis.

Also, any purchase outside of a ST renewal will be at the Joe Public Matchday cost.

So if Mr or Mrs 21/22 STH wants their seat for these early 22/23 games... guaranteed... they have to renew, or simply buy the individual matchday tickets at full whack before midnight on the 29th.

Isn't it even worse though, once the ST renewal is over anyone could buy that seat as a new ST or relocate to it.... they have said they can't reserve beyond next Friday! If the existing holder has bought it for 1st game at face value it doesn't stop someone else claiming it thereafter. 

I think the 4 game block purchase option has to be the best way to go, then the current ST holder could be prioritised for that seat as a block purchase and then convert to ST as soon as DD is available. 

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am just really confused with all the allegations of RamsTrust board being friends with DCB board members and the related insinuations of kickbacks if DCB is a not for profit organisation, what pecuniary gain would RamsTrust yield likewise DCB for RamsTrust suggesting to use one of their services. 

Some people on here have history with certain people at RamsTrust (and vice-versa) - and it goes back a long time.

I'd say the same for Rams Trust as I'd say for a political party. 

If you don't like what they're doing, while broadly supporting their aims, join it and challenge and change it from within. 

Easy to sit on the sidelines giving it large, harder to get off yer arse and effect positive change.

9 hours ago, Rev said:

I'd say the same for Rams Trust as I'd say for a political party. 

If you don't like what they're doing, while broadly supporting their aims, join it and challenge and change it from within. 

Easy to sit on the sidelines giving it large, harder to get off yer arse and effect positive change.

Of course that principle only works if people join en-masse. If I don’t like what a political party or the Rams Trust are doing then little old me isn’t going to change things on my own. Therefore, there is still a place for expressing an opinion (on social media or wherever) if that’s what you mean by “sitting on the sidelines giving it large”.

I think a lot of people have jumped the gun on this credit Union and what we really need is some comparison to direct debit payments to see the real difference in costs. I suspect there may not be much difference in repayments. I think the figures sound a lot but when the amount borrowed is paid be the interest will be less too. 
I think if some examples or repayment costs were given then people could make a better judgement on it.

21 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think a lot of people have jumped the gun on this credit Union and what we really need is some comparison to direct debit payments to see the real difference in costs. I suspect there may not be much difference in repayments. I think the figures sound a lot but when the amount borrowed is paid be the interest will be less too. 
I think if some examples or repayment costs were given then people could make a better judgement on it.

Exactly. It's regrettable that RT didn't ask an IFA to do a comparison of that option with DD and other 0% CC options. THAT would have been helpful to fans I'm sure. 

24 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

The direct debit interest rate was 7% in 2019/2020 season. 

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Some people on here have history with certain people at RamsTrust (and vice-versa) - and it goes back a long time.

There was one case involving a "witch" emoji and a female Rams Trust member and a female poster who I knew at the time, The message board had been closed down a few years ago, So much so it involved the police, Some people think their persona is all important.