Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Classic Ramstrust pushing a 42.6% APR loan as an alternative. Never been fit for purpose. To think these clowns wanted a seat at the top table. 

I've done mine on a 0% credit card, but if I did not have this option i can get a loan from the bank at 15%APR so a £1000 loan paid over a year costs 1070.00.  Quite why anyone would pay over 40% APR I'm not sure.

9 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

I've done mine on a 0% credit card, but if I did not have this option i can get a loan from the bank at 15%APR so a £1000 loan paid over a year costs 1070.00.  Quite why anyone would pay over 40% APR I'm not sure.

Are you sure, My calculator makes it £1150  

As well as the shocking advise re getting a loan, one tweeter on there stated:

The club has stated they are confident of proving a DD option following approval by the FCA. They have extended the deadline whereby STH seats are reserved to account for any delay in achieving this and STH seats for Oxford and Barnsley are reserved for single ticket purchases.

When in actual fact, the official DCFC statement/Update said:

Whilst the club can’t extend the Friday 29th July Seat Reservation Deadline due to transferring the ticket platform to a ‘live’ format in time for the season’s home opener against Oxford United on Saturday 30th July (3pm kick-off), 2021/22 Season Ticket Holders who’ve not yet renewed for the 2022/23 season will still have a chance to purchase their usual seat location for both the Oxford United and Barnsley home games - subject to availability and at general match ticket pricing - from 10am on Saturday 30th July and have until Friday 30th September to secure their discounted 2022/23 Season Ticket.

They have not extended the deadline to reserve your ST seat.
Of course you can still purchase your seat ("... will still HAVE A CHANCE to purchase...") on an individual match basis... SUBJECT TO AVAILIBILITY... As it's won't be reserved (after 29th) and therefore up for grabs to any match goer, on a first come first served basis.

20 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Are you sure, My calculator makes it £1150  

Assuming its a 12 month loan and the interest will fall as the balance is repaid over the 12 months, so it's actually 15% x the average balance (£500) so I reckon it'll work out at £1075 in his example not your £1150 ?

The club could sell match tickets a the discounted ST rate match buy match for all previous STR holders, lets face it most are not going to stop going.

Surely something can be done to ensure everyone gets to the game?

11 hours ago, Srg said:

Classic Ramstrust pushing a 42.6% APR loan as an alternative. Never been fit for purpose. To think these clowns wanted a seat at the top table. 

That's a little outrageous your paying at least 25% it doesn't seem any cheaper that a normal bank dressed up as a caring company. The RamsTrust shouldn't be saying it's a good option for people.

Edited by Tricky1884
Edit

15 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Sorry if this has already been suggested but why can't the club do an initial 3 month season ticket for renewals until the dd option is resolved? Allows fans to secure previously help seats at lower initial cost then buy the balance on dd later in the year?

Because it’s easier for Ramstrust to suggest extortionate loans than try and enact sensible change. 

1 hour ago, Tricky1884 said:

That's a little outrageous your paying at least 25% it doesn't seem any cheaper that a normal bank dressed up as a caring company. The RamsTrust shouldn't be saying it's a good option for people.

They didn't say that though did they, they used a comparative scenario which seems to be overlooked.

Their first statement was for those who can't get interest free credit.....then the rest of the statement follows from there.

Of course using this credit card is better than borrowing money from a loan shark IF you can't get a zero percent credit card.

Taking out a loan wouldn't protect you either on the purchases you made which a credit card would, however relatively onerous the interest rate was.

Anyhows if you're having to delve into the realms of borrowing money from a doorstep lender then really that's the issue in itself not the advice RamsTrust are giving. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

They didn't say that though did they, they used a comparative scenario which seems to be overlooked.

Their first statement was for those who can't get interest free credit.....then the rest of the statement follows from there.

Of course using this credit card is better than borrowing money from a loan shark IF you can't get a zero percent credit card.

Taking out a loan wouldn't protect you either on the purchases you made which a credit card would, however relatively onerous the interest rate was.

Anyhows if you're having to delve into the realms of borrowing money from a doorstep lender then really that's the issue in itself not the advice RamsTrust are giving. 

I get your point. I like to think and it's up to the person of course and as much as I understand people wanting to go to the games if they need to borrow from bad people to have a season most people will pick not to have a season ticket at all. 

14 hours ago, Srg said:

If you can't afford a season ticket then don't buy one! Support the club when you can by purchasing tickets on a match by match basis.

Bloody stupid tweet and I don't know why they haven't deleted it yet.

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ramtrust should not being offering any financial advice 

19 hours ago, Carnero said:

Assuming its a 12 month loan and the interest will fall as the balance is repaid over the 12 months, so it's actually 15% x the average balance (£500) so I reckon it'll work out at £1075 in his example not your £1150 ?

This - Remarkable the number of people opining on financial matters without actually understanding what these numbers mean. As @Tyler Durdenalludes to, this is imperfect but it IS better than using a loan shark/pay day lender. At least the credit union have a very clear calculator of what it will cost you to borrow the money.

That said, it think it was erroneous of Ramstrust to offer this advice.