Pre Season Friendlies 22/23

10 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So where do we want to go and watch Derby County play friendlies this summer?

USA for the new owner perhaps?

Stoke on Trent to get used to the ground?

Belper Town, Burton Albion, Chesterfield and Notts County etc?

Somewhere in the UK eh B4????

10 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

A couple of 'local' ones to try things out... Notts Co? Chesterfield?

Rooney is still here... so Man Utd and Salford will be on the list.

Plus we have to play for the Brian Clough Trophy... so F*rest.

Then a random European team at PP... I'll guess Athletic Bilbao... the last couple have been Spanish!

Doubt a foreign team they charge a fee to play them that money better used elsewhere. 

23 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Be good to get a Premier League team to come to Pride Park for the final friendly. 

Not for me thank you. It would probably only be one of the less interesting mid to lower PL teams playing a mixture of first team and fringe players. 

OK, it might attract a slightly bigger crowd but I’d rather we played a team that will be a better preparation for life in league 1. Maybe one of those that missed out on the L2 play offs or one of those promoted to the championship. I’m not sure we need a “glamour” club to end the friendly games with. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves..... let's first make sure we HAVE a 22/23 season. Nothing abroad, obviously, due to the financial situation. Start off with non League, L2, SBC and close with a PL team. That or Rangers again. They'd bring thousands.

On 12/05/2022 at 22:58, 1of4 said:

Add a few days in the Lake District between games, would be ideal.

A good choice. We'll probably still be assembling a squad of players so uk based and a range of teams like yours looks sensible.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I'd like us to play teams who's fans have been the most supportive/least nobbish during our struggles :

AFC Bury

Oldham Athletic 

Blackpool 

Bournemouth 

Benefit of two seaside outings there, then finish off with a home game against a lower half team from one of the major European leagues. 

No room for sentiment for me and, apart from a potential money spinner, I don’t see the point of a game against a lower half team from one of the European leagues.

I’d prefer we played against teams that are going to help prepare us for life in league one. Maybe one of the teams promoted to the championship or one that that just missed out in the play offs from league 2.

Final game at home against Sunderland, Rotherham or Wigan. Not as glamorous as some might like but, depending on what teams we both put out, a decent test against an upper end league 1 team. Given we would have been an average championship team without the points deduction, such a game may also be attractive to one of those three teams. Although, again, the team we would put out might not bare much resemblance to the one that played last season.