Ground Sharing Agreement

Ram1988

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

If talks between Mel and Chris Kirchner break down and no deal can be meet between them (with or without the City Council) for Pride Park and he decides to push ahead where would everyone like to see us play our home games next season?

Chesterfield ?-  to keep us in Derbyshire

Burton ? - Just down the road on the A38

Notts County Ground ? - local 19/20,000 seater ground

Stoke ? - May be keep to ground share given their financial fair play situation

It’ll be PP. 

16 minutes ago, SBW said:

There's no way on this planet Notts Police agree to having Derby play at Meadow Lane, no chance on earth.  

I find it odd people would also even want to play in Nottingham? 

If it's a case of club or no club, Chesterfield is the best choice.  I know attendance isn't ideal, but needs must, the situation isn't based on things being ideal anyway... 

Chesterfield are a community owned club too, so i'd suspect they'd be more than happy for the extra income. 

FGS Chesterfield is closer to Sheffield than it is Derby. 

Notts county and Burton are the best options location wise- however both are heavily compromised, capacity at Burton and fixture list problems at Notts.

Sadly Leicester and Stoke are probably the only viable options capacity-wise but in bad locations for travel. We’d end up in a similar situation to Cov with northants, which hammered their fan base.

Gotta hope something can be done with PP as the other options are not good!

They'd never be able to sort out the fixtures so it all worked for either forest or county.

I could swallow my pride and watch Derby at home at the city ground but I don't think that many others could haha.

I think it'd have to be Leicester.. 

If it came to it then travelling to stoke suits me a lot better than Leicester as I live just in staffs.Leicester would add another 60 miles onto my return journey.

The thought of having to go through and play in stoke tho depresses me more than you can imagine though,I spent thirty years having to work up that that absolute dump of a "city" (actually five *hi* hole towns) without going there to watch derby bloody county week in,week out.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

If we are moving out of county I don't think we need to worry about having a 25-30,000 stadium as attendances will understanding drop. Meadow lanes 19/20,000 I think would be about right for a season.

Chesterfields 10,500 I feel is too small but as a last resort maybe Burton 7,000 is the best geographically but is just too small for me.

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

1 & 2 are a non starter due to capacity, 3 will be complex re fixture arrangements, they already have to avoid playing on the same day as Florist, so Stoke or maybe Fester are 2 realistic options. Parking at the Potters has always been a nightmare and the train station is a fair way from the ground. Think it is about a 15 minute walk to the Walkers from the station.....

You would have the same fixture problem as Notts County with Stoke and Port Vale. 
Leicester is too far for anyone in North Derbyshire I reckon the nearest ground to me after Chesterfield is Bumhole Lane. How about there? 

Seems strange some are saying Chesterfield is too far from Derby.  What about all the fans that travel from north Derbyshire?

Itll suit them and will only be a temporary situation.

Could additional temporary stands be built at some of these smaller grounds like Yeovil did for that season in the championship?

I’m assuming any agreement could be short term initially (unless there’s some rules about it needing to be for a season?). It sends a signal to Mel that we’re willing to leave him with an unsellable asset, which could cause a change of heart in the medium term. If not, a longer term deal could be done at the same place or somewhere else. 

With that in mind Burton might be an option. 

4 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I think Stoke would be more keen to come to some sort of agreement than Leicester but it is just a pain for people to get to (if you live around Derby). No parking and as you say a trek to the station.

I thought Meadow Lane would make the most sense 19/20,000 which we could fill and it is easy to get to. You are right about it being complex though to avoid home fixtures with Notts County and Forest. 

All far from ideal...

Are people forgetting Port Vale?

2 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

If we are moving out of county I don't think we need to worry about having a 25-30,000 stadium as attendances will understanding drop. Meadow lanes 19/20,000 I think would be about right for a season.

Chesterfields 10,500 I feel is too small but as a last resort maybe Burton 7,000 is the best geographically but is just too small for me.

I honestly think 20k is optimistic. Travelling to Stoke every other week for division 3 football would only be for the hardcore in my opinion. No chance they have us as a 3rd team playing in Nottingham, it's a logistical and policing nightmare.

Chesterfield is smaller than you would want, but would suffice as long as it was only short term in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

You would have the same fixture problem as Notts County with Stoke and Port Vale. 
Leicester is too far for anyone in North Derbyshire I reckon the nearest ground to me after Chesterfield is Bumhole Lane. How about there? 

Fixture clashes with Port Vale would be a challenge (particularly in the town centres before and after the games but surely we’d all want to spend the least time possible in Stoke/Burslam) but nothing compared to the Nottingham scenario. Vale Park and the Bet365 are more than 6 miles apart whereas Meadow Lane and the City Ground are less than a mile apart. Also, as far as I’m aware, we don’t have any rivalry with Port Vale. Regardless, Stoke would probably be my last choice from the ones potential ground shares suggested.