Ground Sharing Agreement

Ram1988

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Until we see the accounts we won’t know where that £80 million is though ? I may have missed it appearing and disappearing 

All in the accounts isn’t it?

I’d be careful throwing accusations about without evidence.

On 09/05/2022 at 21:40, kevinhectoring said:

Spot on. 80m was never right but all MM has asked for is enough to pay off MSD. Many choose to ignore that inconvenient truth and talk about him making money from the stadium 

Maybe the stadium is worth £70m in League 1, but the club is worth -£45m?

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

These poor folk who live in Derby and might have to travel to a home game. ?

Being about as local as local gets (30 min stroll to the ground) I haven't moaned about any potential for ground sharing elsewhere, and I'm not about to start now.  On a personal level, any travelling is of no concern to me, as I have the means, should it be required.  So I don't/won't take your comment personally.
However, that was still a little unfair of you, imo. 
Perhaps many people in Derby chose Derby County precisely, deliberately, and consciously due to them being the local team? 
Perhaps at the time of choosing, there was a bigger/better/more successful team in or around Stoke/Leicester/Nottingham, or just the other side of Buxton, but many still chose that local option.
Now they are hooked, it would be more understandable should they moan about potentially having to travel a distance, rather than threaten to change their allegiance.

So I say again... "Unfair sir.  Unfair, I say"!

*Or just a 100% wind up, of course... There is that!  ?

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What If derby build new ground like I said a while ago what if we built new BBG but were in derby could we build it with opaption to fill the corners in.

Finding the available space, the time to build it and, (most importantly), the money would prove to be significant obstacles. Everybody jokes about playing on public parks in the meantime but there are certain requirements that a football league ground has to adhere to (surely?)

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Who knows - that’s the point - we don’t know 

Yes the absence of accounts doesn’t help. We know pretty much what the club’s cash losses have been since the stadium was sold - there are a few posts on this thread which estimate them. GoC is of course the person to ask if you want a reliable indication.

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

What If derby build new ground like I said a while ago what if we built new BBG but were in derby could we build it with opaption to fill the corners in.

The club would need to find +£80m to build a new stadium. 

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes the absence of accounts doesn’t help. We know pretty much what the club’s cash losses have been since the stadium was sold - there are a few posts on this thread which estimate them. GoC is of course the person to ask if you want a reliable indication.

I think I estimated something like £110m combined losses since our last set of accounts were released (18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22).
As it turns out, the amount owed to creditors rose by about £40m over the same period, so probably looking at more like £120m of losses instead.