Ground Sharing Agreement

Ram1988

4 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

To be fair playing at Forest is probably the easiest solution from a practicality point of view. 
We could clash with Notts county as their average attendance is about 6000 whereas derby and Forest would be too much on the same day and it’s very difficult to arrange 3 teams not to play at home on the same day. 
attendance would be fine and it’s the closest to us. 
Unfortunately, it means sharing with our biggest rivals but I’m not going to lie I’d much prefer to play in Nottingham than Stoke or Leicester.

Rather ground share with Aberdeen.

6 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

They'd never be able to sort out the fixtures so it all worked for either forest or county.

I could swallow my pride and watch Derby at home at the city ground but I don't think that many others could haha.

I think it'd have to be Leicester.. 

I could stomach it if needs must. Just think of the vomit rising to the back of every fuming forest fans’ throats as us dirty Derby bamfords bounce around their place in a sea of black and white whilst they’re out…especially hilarious if we could beat their crowds!

8 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

If talks between Mel and Chris Kirchner break down and no deal can be meet between them (with or without the City Council) for Pride Park and he decides to push ahead where would everyone like to see us play our home games next season?

Chesterfield ?-  to keep us in Derbyshire

Burton ? - Just down the road on the A38

Notts County Ground ? - local 19/20,000 seater ground

Stoke ? - May be keep to ground share given their financial fair play situation

Chesterfield 

13 hours ago, SBW said:

There's no way on this planet Notts Police agree to having Derby play at Meadow Lane, no chance on earth.  

I find it odd people would also even want to play in Nottingham? 

If it's a case of club or no club, Chesterfield is the best choice.  I know attendance isn't ideal, but needs must, the situation isn't based on things being ideal anyway... 

Chesterfield are a community owned club too, so i'd suspect they'd be more than happy for the extra income. 

Chesterfield? May as well make it Bramall Lane or Hillsborough based on time to get there from Derby.

With the leverage games Mel is now playing in discussions think this possibility is now off the table. We need someone to buy the ground otherwise, starting to think it could be liquidation. It could be just high stakes negotiation play from Mel, but I really don’t think he will do all he can to solve his mess and save the club

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hasn't the possibility of ground sharing been ruled out because of Mel's loans to the club being dependent on continued use of Pride Park?

So, it's not even a possibility.

That's Mel's loan not Derby's if I understand it right. 

He took that loan out against the company that owns Pride Park which isn't Derby County. 

Either way it should in future be made into a Heritage site or a Local site of Interest to stop people from taking it away from the club.  

2 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

That's Mel's loan not Derby's if I understand it right. 

He took that loan out against the company that owns Pride Park which isn't Derby County. 

Either way it should in future be made into a Heritage site or a Local site of Interest to stop people from taking it away from the club.  

No, I don't mean the MSD loan. BTW that's the club's loan, just with the guarantee placed on the ground.

I mean the loans that Mel has directly to the club. As I understand it, that's how owners fund football clubs. Mel, Abramovich etc lend the club money rather than gift it to them.

I thought someone had explained that Mel can claim £100+ million back off the club if they stop using Pride Park. But will otherwise write it off.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the post but that's how I read it. So it means, in effect, we cannot move or ground share.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

No, I don't mean the MSD loan. BTW that's the club's loan, just with the guarantee placed on the ground.

I mean the loans that Mel has directly to the club. As I understand it, that's how owners fund football clubs. Mel, Abramovich etc lend the club money rather than gift it to them.

I thought someone had explained that Mel can claim £100+ million back off the club if they stop using Pride Park. But will otherwise write it off.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the post but that's how I read it. So it means, in effect, we cannot move or ground share.

That's exactly right. That's what the impasse is. Mel will insist on calling in his investment in the club in full, if we don't continue to use the ground, either by buying or renting it off him. Even if we were only to pay 25% of that, it's at least another 30 million.

He has us over a barrel and he knows it.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's exactly right. That's what the impasse is. Mel will insist on calling in his investment in the club in full, if we don't continue to use the ground, either by buying or renting it off him. Even if we were only to pay 25% of that, it's at least another 30 million.

The rumours on Twitter last night was that some local third party local businesses men were trying to look to offer a deal for PP. I hope there was some truth to this as its all gone quiet around the council buying it.

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

Which leaves us being liquidated and Ashley picking up the corpse - it seems the only way because no one can afford all these extra costs unless it’s a nation state - very very gloomy time