84 days from the final whistle of this season we start the season again

plymouthram

Well that's a short time to next season and even shorter for teams that get involved in play-off games. The Championship play-off final not being played until 29th May. So the losing team, who like the other 3 teams in the play-offs will have plan A (Transfer targets for the Premier League) and plan B (Transfer targets for Championship). But only a mere 62 days before they kick off again.

So Derby are in a better position to have an extra 19 days head start on all the teams in the championship. Even the 7 teams at the top of League 1 are not certain 100% what league they are in yet.

52 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Well that's a short time to next season and even shorter for teams that get involved in play-off games. The Championship play-off final not being played until 29th May. So the losing team, who like the other 3 teams in the play-offs will have plan A (Transfer targets for the Premier League) and plan B (Transfer targets for Championship). But only a mere 62 days before they kick off again.

So Derby are in a better position to have an extra 19 days head start on all the teams in the championship. Even the 7 teams at the top of League 1 are not certain 100% what league they are in yet.

Tom Cruise What GIF

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Wish I shared your confidence and certainty about our future.

What If Horror GIF by From on EPIX

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

The trouble is, Derby seem to leave it until the last few days even when we do know what league we’ll be playing in. Add to that the uncertainty of when we are actually able to sign players and I fear that 19 day advantage will soon disappear.

We don't have a 19 day headstart on all of the teams in the Championship do we though as there are now a number who know they won't be relegated after yesterday but also know they won't be able to make the Top 6 - I make that about 10 teams plus the 3 clubs already relegated which is half the division.

Think you're putting the cart before the horse as well as none of us actually know if Kirchner is going to go ahead with the purchase of our club or do a Preston on us so is a moot point on this item alone. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Think you're putting the cart before the horse as well as none of us actually know if Kirchner is going to go ahead with the purchase of our club or do a Preston on us so is a moot point on this item alone. 

Tyler. What would we do without you, and your daily bucket of ice cold water? You keep us all grounded and that’s appreciated.

D1B9CA56-6C08-434A-8F32-DC49D523AD26.gif

I’ve been watching the League 1 highlights and the football looks fast and furious. Wayne would like to take all the new players away for pre-season training. It will be important to get them super fit for the first game or we could struggle in the last 20 mins of games.

30 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Am i right in saying League 1 still plays during international break? How would this work if we do keep the current squad and have x amount of our first team away?

I don't think any players with International ambitions will want to be playing L1. 

Their agents will be putting feelers out to PL and championship clubs. 

On 24/04/2022 at 13:23, jimtastic56 said:

I’ve been watching the League 1 highlights and the football looks fast and furious. Wayne would like to take all the new players away for pre-season training. It will be important to get them super fit for the first game or we could struggle in the last 20 mins of games.

Much better on 0.25 speed.

5 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I don't think any players with International ambitions will want to be playing L1. 

Their agents will be putting feelers out to PL and championship clubs. 

I think it counts still for the younger players if they are in your 1st team squad, so u21's call ups etc.

That said, the World Cup obviously limits the teams involved so in our current squad only Bielik is involved at the minute