Derby County Vs Bristol City matchday thread, Saturday 3pm kick off

Ram-Alf

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Rooney has obviously done so much right this season and deserves credit for it, but I also think he needs calling out for the treatment of Sibley. It seems wrong to catapult an U23 midfielder straight into the starting 11 while leaving Louie on the bench. 

Morrison gets priority over Sibley ahead of next season. I’d personally like to see Sibbo involved, but if you’re playing Morrison you need to make him centre of the attacking midfield and then get the balance right around him, adding Sibley into that mix would just unbalance things.

If Sibley stays I fear he’ll be Morrison’s understudy as Morrison should have been Lawrence’s this season.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Weimann 19 goals for the season now. Seems a million miles away from the player we had who struggled to break into double figures season after season. 

I always thought he was an excellent player.Performed very well in the Premier League with Villa before he signed for us..yet most of our fans didn't think he was good enough for Championship Derby County.Mostly playing him out of position obviously didn't help.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Morrison gets priority over Sibley ahead of next season. I’d personally like to see Sibbo involved, but if you’re playing Morrison you need to make him centre of the attacking midfield and then get the balance right around him, adding Sibley into that mix would just unbalance things.

If Sibley stays I fear he’ll be Morrison’s understudy as Morrison should have been Lawrence’s this season.

It's about opinions but in mine you're completely wrong to say you can't play Sibbo and Ravel in the same team. Oh my god we are desperate for creativity, so play two of your most creative players together.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I want Sibley to stay, to play, and to positively affect games. Rooney might be choosing Morrison to convince him to stick around next season, knowing that Sibley is contracted beyond the summer and what he can offer?

Morrison has combined well with Ebiowei a couple of times, if we can keep both I can see their on field relationship providing plenty next season, so long as we get a striker to play ahead of them 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's about opinions but in mine you're completely wrong to say you can't play Sibbo and Ravel in the same team. Oh my god we are desperate for creativity, so play two of your most creative players together.

It was the same with Lawrence and Morrison, can’t play them together, we struggled as a team and results went downhill. Our best form was when only one was in the side and we could get a better midfield balance that worked for the team.

Personally I like Sibley and hope he does well, but I can’t see it working with Morrison.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Playing both of them behind a strong, mobile striker would be a good option. 3 midfielders behind and a back 4, the old “Christmas Tree” formation with the full backs providing width ?