Derby County Vs Bristol City matchday thread, Saturday 3pm kick off

Ram-Alf

Always thought Weimann had a 20 goal season in him. Too quick, too hard-working and too good movement to not have one season like this. 

Always thought he’d play well playing off Martin as well.

The calls at the time were for Martin and Vydra but they both liked to look for the same space.

Edited by cannable

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Always thought Weimann had a 20 goal season in him. Too quick, too hard-working and too good movement to not have one season like this. 

Always thought he’d play well playing off Martin as well.

The calls at the time were for Martin and Vydra but they both liked to look for the same space.

Sometimes a tossed coin can land on its edge.

Never convinced by him at Derby, so many chances and so few goals. However having Martin as his partner would inevitably have led to more goals from him than being alongside Vydra.

7 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Sometimes a tossed coin can land on its edge.

Never convinced by him at Derby, so many chances and so few goals. However having Martin as his partner would inevitably have led to more goals from him than being alongside Vydra.

Honestly, I’ve searched for the post just to say “I told you so”, was it you I argued with @sage?

But no, nor was I. Footballers are what they are though.

He always had this season in him. He’s quick, his movement is good and he works hard. Bang average or not, there was always gonna be a season he had enough chances to score 20.

A very poor display yesterday, Derby weren't that much better than the official, Maybe to many changes undone us, A lone striker with very little to no support but should have scored with that header, 2nd half had the lions share of the ball but failed to gobble up anything of note, A disappointing game that came in the middle of Saint Georges Day Celebrations.

uttoxram75 I called in the Noahs at 7.15pm, I mooched around a very packed boozer and saw what I thought was you, Blue shirt and Red tie sitting next to a woman dressed in black under the front window, I introduced myself, You looked 3 sheets to the wind through ale, I bought you a pint of cider sat down and asked the woman in black if you were the fella I was looking for, She said you are a rugby man, Oooops then it would appear it wasn't you and someone was a pint better off, So I went and spoke to a couple of old mates that were there.

A good day slightly spoiled by with the result at PP.

4 hours ago, cannable said:

Honestly, I’ve searched for the post just to say “I told you so”, was it you I argued with @sage?

But no, nor was I. Footballers are what they are though.

He always had this season in him. He’s quick, his movement is good and he works hard. Bang average or not, there was always gonna be a season he had enough chances to score 20.

My argument back in n the day was he didn't fit in with how we played. 

He didn't. 

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that @uttoxram75 is "not the sort" to wear a tie on matchday, and not the sort to wear a RED tie on any day.

Having said that, I too would have denied all reference to my identity, had I been ungodly enough to be caught wearing a red tie with a blue shirt... unless it was fancy dress!  How embarrassing! 

?

Edited by Mucker1884

8 hours ago, Rev said:

Their 3rd goal came while a steward was on the pitch, fetching someone's shoe ffs. 

I wondered if it was a Bristol fans shoe at first, when they started celebrating, then saw they'd scored.

In a season of poor refs, this one stood out as particularly incompetent.

Clutching at straws there a bit buddy. Perhaps the free kick should have been delayed but I don’t think the steward taking a couple steps onto the pitch to retrieve the shoe interrupted or had any impact on the passage of play at all.

Again, it wouldn’t have made any difference but the way the ref slowed the game down annoyed me. There were at least two examples when he seemed to take an age to signal for the game to resume and, what’s happened to this rule that a substituted player should leave the field at the nearest point? I can’t remember the last time that was enforced either for or against us.

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that @uttoxram75 is "not the sort" to wear a tie on matchday, and not the sort to wear a RED tie on any day.

Having said that, I too would have denied all reference to my identity, had I been ungodly enough to be caught wearing a red tie with a blue shirt... unless it was fancy dress!  How embarrassing! 

?

I thought that too, But with a belly full of ale and 65 year old eyes it doesn't bode well for the brain to function that well, I'm 66 today, And I think my voice has just broken ? either that or I drank too much ?‍♀️,

15 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

2 more subs? Meaning we’ve made 4. 
explained by Owen in commentary, Bristol had a concussion sub first half so we get an extra sub too

I noticed that at the time, but didn't dare mention it to those around me, or question it, as I didn't have a clue what or why!  I didn't want to embarrass myself, as I once did when we had an off-side free kick taken from our own half!  ?

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I thought that too, But with a belly full of ale and 65 year old eyes it doesn't bode well for the brain to function that well, I'm 66 today, And I think my voice has just broken ? either that or I drank too much ?‍♀️,

Many happy returns, fella.  ?

Enjoy your new slippers, and an afternoon nap.  ?

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Clutching at straws there a bit buddy. Perhaps the free kick should have been delayed but I don’t think the steward taking a couple steps onto the pitch to retrieve the shoe interrupted or had any impact on the passage of play at all.

Again, it wouldn’t have made any difference but the way the ref slowed the game down annoyed me. There were at least two examples when he seemed to take an age to signal for the game to resume and, what’s happened to this rule that a substituted player should leave the field at the nearest point? I can’t remember the last time that was enforced either for or against us.

Also midway through the 2nd half at the West stand side pretty sure a derby player was fouled, He got up the city player didn't, 10 seconds later having given the nothing incident some serious thought, He gave Bristol a free kick ?

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Happy birthday! ?

38 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Also midway through the 2nd half at the West stand side pretty sure a derby player was fouled, He got up the city player didn't, 10 seconds later having given the nothing incident some serious thought, He gave Bristol a free kick ?

From which they scored the third I think. Was never a freekick for them in my opinion. 

I really hope the standard of officiating in League 1 is all we have to worry about.....what about the miss of the decade which potentially then could have seen us level the game with Forsyths goal in the second half which could have put a very different result on the game. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I noticed that at the time, but didn't dare mention it to those around me, or question it, as I didn't have a clue what or why!  I didn't want to embarrass myself, as I once did when we had an off-side free kick taken from our own half!  ?

I noticed that although there were 8 substitutions and 2 goals, the ref only added 3 minutes time at the end. If we were winning, it would have been 8 minutes at least!

Just now, DavesaRam said:

I noticed that although there were 8 substitutions and 2 goals, the ref only added 3 minutes time at the end. If we were winning, it would have been 8 minutes at least!

And an injury. Baffling.

The referee was never really in charge of the game yesterday. Not an auspicious start if he's looking to become a Championship regular. I'm assuming he's from a lower level?

49 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I really hope the standard of officiating in League 1 is all we have to worry about.....what about the miss of the decade which potentially then could have seen us level the game with Forsyths goal in the second half which could have put a very different result on the game. 

Hardly the miss of the decade, but yes he should have scored. 

29 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

In the interest of pedantry it was 7 substitutes and 4 minutes added but like Angie said there was an injury and time wasting as well.